Used 2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Solara Convertible Sport
By Trilion4245

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Sport V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Beautiful, smooth ride & very fun to drive, this car is just about perfect to me. Living in New England, it's difficult for a car to accommodate the extreme demands year-round, but this car has for me. I knew when I bought it that I wouldn't be happy with the blindspots in back but purchased it anyway. I've owned a variety of automobiles to use as a comparison and can honostly say that I love my Solara convertible and am reminded of that everythime I drive it.

Favorite Features

Just some of my favorites are: ease of putting the top up & down; beautiful style; comfortable ride; steeringwheel radio controls; roomy & comfortable interior; sporty look.

Suggested Improvements

Make convertible boot install easier. Add strip bumper to protect paint. Move convertible & open/close windows controls easier to see & use. If the back blindspot can't be improved, then car should come standard with sensor alert. Spoiler clips should be more durable.

Great car for the money
By Mike

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara rag top is an overall excellent product. Superb build quality. I'm getting 29.5 MPG on the highway. This is a great car for the money. Smooth as silk. This car just glides.

Favorite Features

Putting the top down and up is a breeze. The windows close in sequence starting with the rears up, then the fronts, when the top is closing. Very little air noise for a rag top.

Suggested Improvements

The cover for the convertible top is a pain in the neck to install.

Sport Convertible
By Toyota Loyal

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Sport V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd Solara and I love it! The vehicle is not a "sports" car, not good for those who want the (unnecessary) acceleration and zip of other sport cars. This is more of a cruising/touring vehicle. Feels like a hot knife through butter on the road, velvety ride, smooth handling. Handles very luxuriously and the sport trim adds a little more pizzaz with the interior carbon trim (as opposed to woodgrain), sport pedals and ground effect. Very quiet on the road, top up or down. Bluetooth is impressive even with the top down on the interstate - conversations are easy.

Favorite Features

Level-adjustable HID headlights, steering wheel controls, smooth and quiet ride, comfort. Toyota's reputation! Blizzard pearl paint is simply stunning.

Suggested Improvements

Very wide blind spot and narrow rear window. Acceleration is not supreme. Those who complain about these features must remember these are flaws that can be discovered prior to purchasing. Can't have everything. Take more time and care when checking blindspot, or don't purchase.

Solara Convertible
By easwind

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bad points: blind spots with top up; can't read center digital dash in the sun Mediocre points: gas mileage; steering slightly sloppy; computer/audio panel not state-of-art; roll bar is modest. Great points: everything else

Favorite Features

Tight on curves; tight turning radius; very comfortable for 4; wind in cabin with top down is minimal; less road noise - top up or down; great trunk space; mirrors are effective; great sound with standard equipment; lots of power; heavy for slippery services; frontwheel drive; etc.

Suggested Improvements

Side curtain air bags somehow; hard top option with embedded roll bar; pick-up Prius computer panel with sun read out.

Solara
By Marie

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Living in Ohio I was nervous about buying a convertible but this car handles as good in the snow as the Taurus I owned before it. I bought my car in the winter and I felt no drafts. The best options about the car are the heated front leather seats, large back seat that comfortably seats adults, and the large trunk size. These are rare options to find in a convertible.

Favorite Features

I like sound system options on the steering wheel. I also like the glareproof feature on the rearview mirror.

Suggested Improvements

There is no strip to protect the paint from people opening their door into your car. The hands free bluetooth option doesn't work very well. The voice recognition is off and you sound choppy to whomever you are speaking.