Used 2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Toyota Solara
By ajwilke

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had a Solara for over 2 years now. It is a great car! I don't get as many admiring looks as I did with my MR2 Spyder, but it definitely gets noticed. It rides well and is very quiet. The back seat accommodates 2 adults easily and it has ample trunk room. The V-6 is very responsive and I have to be careful about speeding. I have had no problems with it. Only visits to the dealer for routine maintenance. If I ever have to replace it, I will definitely have this model at the top of my list.

Fun to drive. It's a convertible.

Solara Convertible
By Bob

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is awesome. I love the way the top goes up and down in 10 seconds! Gas mileage is great and overall the car handles very well.

The rag top is very reliable and quiet. The sound system is very loud and clear.

none

$2000 to fix the head lights?
By kathleen

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The problems that are popping up are rather disappointing. We have a 2007 Toyota Solara convertible with HID head lights. The head lights work when you first turn them on but one goes out after 10 seconds and the other goes out after about 20 minutes. I was floored when they stated the bulbs were $368.00 each, and they did not stock them. I went to an auto parts store and purchased a bulb for $89.00 but it did not fix the problem. I took it to the dealer to repair the lights when they informed us that it would cost $2000 to repair the system and it was not covered as our car has 40,000 miles on it and I voided because I put in an after market bulb. The problem has not been fixed yet.

The great gas mileage, the rear seat has the roomiest of any convertible I have ever seen and it fits two full sized adults

Make the repair bills a lot more affordable. They are not BMWs

Love This Car
By Calif. Sunshine

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Sport V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this brand new two weeks ago, and boy what fun! I love to go topless, yet cannot believe how quiet it is when the top is up! It's so much fun to drive and handles so well. It took me months to find one though and I had about given up looking. I hear it is being discontinued? What a shame, as the SLE model just doesn't have the "sporty" look to it. If you can find one - buy it quick. I may be 60 but I still want the "sporty" look - and this one has it!

Bluetooth feature (was a must for us in Calif.); the instrument panel with lights on; very classy metallic paint; rear spoiler (my favorite); underbody trim to add to the sporty look; ease of putting top up/down; adjustable headlamps; comfortable back seat; roomy trunk, and Toyota reliability.

Would like electric seats with memory; leather option; sinc. to garage door opener; radio display dial should light up so you can read it in the daytime; larger rear window; easier/faster way to install the boot; more color options.

Can't go wrong! It's my 2nd Solara.
By Christi

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Sport V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

There isn't a better car available that exudes luxury and sport. It turns heads every day and is often confused with a Lexus. It does not have the Mustang's get-up (but is that really necessary anyway?), nor does it have the Lexus price-tag (but it still comes with most of the goodies). It's handling is smooth, the ride is velvety and the engine is near silent when running. Granted, its price is a wee bit on the high end, but keep in mind that just comes with the territory when you buy something as reliable, safe and with excellent re-sale value as a Toyota.

Bluetooth, JBL sound-system, adjustable-height headlights, sport package ground effects, 3 phase pearl white, roomy backseat, sleek exterior design, crisp and clean interior design.

The convertible top and all-window buttons are positioned directly behind the steering wheel making them difficult to see and do not light up with the rest of the lights on the dashboard. It is like a cockpit to get in and out of, in other words cumbersome, but once in the car, its very comfortable.