Used 2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

LOVE This Car!
By ccald

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Toyota Solara SLE Convertible for just about three years now. I absolutely love it! I was so very sorry to hear of the model's demise. I think Toyota made a mistake there. I wanted a 4 seater not a 2 seater convertible without being a huge car and there are not many of those made. The retractable hard roofs take up trunk space which I do not like. My car has really good trunk space. I have seen too many of the convertibles with very poor trunk space. I would have continued buying Toyota's convertibles if they had continued making the Solara. I live in the middle south and convertibles are definitely the way to go. Toyota: PLEASE BRING IT BACK!

Love the way the car handles. Plus, it has a smooth ride. I had a Corvette once and felt every tar bump on the road. Much prefer my Solara Convertible. Plus I love the color (Cosmic Blue) and have had MANY, MANY complements.

I read where people have complained about chips on the edge of the door. I have not had that problem but a solution would be to provide an edging strip which could be easily replaced if chipped. Of course, you can always buy an edging strip at an auto store but it would look nicer the same color.

Toyota Solara
By ajwilke

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had a Solara for over 2 years now. It is a great car! I don't get as many admiring looks as I did with my MR2 Spyder, but it definitely gets noticed. It rides well and is very quiet. The back seat accommodates 2 adults easily and it has ample trunk room. The V-6 is very responsive and I have to be careful about speeding. I have had no problems with it. Only visits to the dealer for routine maintenance. If I ever have to replace it, I will definitely have this model at the top of my list.

Fun to drive. It's a convertible.

Solara Convertible
By Bob

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is awesome. I love the way the top goes up and down in 10 seconds! Gas mileage is great and overall the car handles very well.

The rag top is very reliable and quiet. The sound system is very loud and clear.

none

$2000 to fix the head lights?
By kathleen

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The problems that are popping up are rather disappointing. We have a 2007 Toyota Solara convertible with HID head lights. The head lights work when you first turn them on but one goes out after 10 seconds and the other goes out after about 20 minutes. I was floored when they stated the bulbs were $368.00 each, and they did not stock them. I went to an auto parts store and purchased a bulb for $89.00 but it did not fix the problem. I took it to the dealer to repair the lights when they informed us that it would cost $2000 to repair the system and it was not covered as our car has 40,000 miles on it and I voided because I put in an after market bulb. The problem has not been fixed yet.

The great gas mileage, the rear seat has the roomiest of any convertible I have ever seen and it fits two full sized adults

Make the repair bills a lot more affordable. They are not BMWs

Love This Car
By Calif. Sunshine

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Sport V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this brand new two weeks ago, and boy what fun! I love to go topless, yet cannot believe how quiet it is when the top is up! It's so much fun to drive and handles so well. It took me months to find one though and I had about given up looking. I hear it is being discontinued? What a shame, as the SLE model just doesn't have the "sporty" look to it. If you can find one - buy it quick. I may be 60 but I still want the "sporty" look - and this one has it!

Bluetooth feature (was a must for us in Calif.); the instrument panel with lights on; very classy metallic paint; rear spoiler (my favorite); underbody trim to add to the sporty look; ease of putting top up/down; adjustable headlamps; comfortable back seat; roomy trunk, and Toyota reliability.

Would like electric seats with memory; leather option; sinc. to garage door opener; radio display dial should light up so you can read it in the daytime; larger rear window; easier/faster way to install the boot; more color options.

• SUV