2007 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Toyota Solara
By ajwilke on 08/02/09 11:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had a Solara for over 2 years now. It is a great car! I don't get as many admiring looks as I did with my MR2 Spyder, but it definitely gets noticed. It rides well and is very quiet. The back seat accommodates 2 adults easily and it has ample trunk room. The V-6 is very responsive and I have to be careful about speeding. I have had no problems with it. Only visits to the dealer for routine maintenance. If I ever have to replace it, I will definitely have this model at the top of my list.

Solara Convertible
By Bob on 01/15/09 12:43 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is awesome. I love the way the top goes up and down in 10 seconds! Gas mileage is great and overall the car handles very well.

Doesn't always start
By Zack on 12/19/08 12:17 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car in march and absolutely loved it. I noticed in august my passenger window didn't always stay rolled up and then my car wasn't always starting. It would eventually start but the dealership just made me feel as if i was crazy or somehow at fault. Unfortunatley, as is with most issues, not everything can be duplicated at the dealership and I've had my car in the shop at least once a week since November. It's now a week before Christmas. Since my car is under warranty, I hope this issue is resolved before my warranty ends.

$2000 to fix the head lights?
By kathleen on 12/07/08 09:35 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The problems that are popping up are rather disappointing. We have a 2007 Toyota Solara convertible with HID head lights. The head lights work when you first turn them on but one goes out after 10 seconds and the other goes out after about 20 minutes. I was floored when they stated the bulbs were $368.00 each, and they did not stock them. I went to an auto parts store and purchased a bulb for $89.00 but it did not fix the problem. I took it to the dealer to repair the lights when they informed us that it would cost $2000 to repair the system and it was not covered as our car has 40,000 miles on it and I voided because I put in an after market bulb. The problem has not been fixed yet.

Love This Car
By Calif. Sunshine on 06/12/08 21:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Sport V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this brand new two weeks ago, and boy what fun! I love to go topless, yet cannot believe how quiet it is when the top is up! It's so much fun to drive and handles so well. It took me months to find one though and I had about given up looking. I hear it is being discontinued? What a shame, as the SLE model just doesn't have the "sporty" look to it. If you can find one - buy it quick. I may be 60 but I still want the "sporty" look - and this one has it!

Can't go wrong! It's my 2nd Solara.
By Christi on 04/26/08 17:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Sport V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

There isn't a better car available that exudes luxury and sport. It turns heads every day and is often confused with a Lexus. It does not have the Mustang's get-up (but is that really necessary anyway?), nor does it have the Lexus price-tag (but it still comes with most of the goodies). It's handling is smooth, the ride is velvety and the engine is near silent when running. Granted, its price is a wee bit on the high end, but keep in mind that just comes with the territory when you buy something as reliable, safe and with excellent re-sale value as a Toyota.

Oil consumption
By angie5768 on 03/19/08 05:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've enjoyed my Toyota Solara, except that at EVERY oil change it's been 1 quart low of oil. We took it to the dealer for an oil consumption test and were told that it's normal for it to consume that amount of oil every 5,000 miles. I've never driven a new car that I had to put oil into at that rate. It doesn't seem to be leaking, but still concerns me. Other than that, it's a comfortable car that handles well. View over the shoulder is a bit obstructed, but you can use your mirrors if adjusted properly. 6CD changer has already been replaced once by factory and appears to be going out again.

Solara Convertible Sport
By Trilion4245 on 03/15/08 09:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Sport V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Beautiful, smooth ride & very fun to drive, this car is just about perfect to me. Living in New England, it's difficult for a car to accommodate the extreme demands year-round, but this car has for me. I knew when I bought it that I wouldn't be happy with the blindspots in back but purchased it anyway. I've owned a variety of automobiles to use as a comparison and can honostly say that I love my Solara convertible and am reminded of that everythime I drive it.

Almost Perfect
By Barbara on 02/14/08 07:34 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My Toyota Solara V6 SLE coupe is a joy to drive with the exception of several rattles and squeaks in the interior. I have tried to attribute these rattles to a particular item, but cannot. They are intermittent and they change. I am disappointed that this otherwise flawless vehicle sounds a bit junky at times with only 6500 miles on it. What will it be like 3 or 4 years from now?

Camry Solara Sport
By Torres on 10/08/07 14:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara V-6 is a very efficient vehicle providing approximate 36 miles per gallon. At this time, after replacing the air filter for a high flow filter I am getting about 400 miles per tank of fuel on the highway. Yes it is a 3.3 V-6! The vehicle has enough power for a mid size and is very comfortable for a two door, two adults fit on the rear seats without compromising comfort.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.