$2000 to fix the head lights?
By kathleen on
2007 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)
The problems that are popping up are rather disappointing. We have a 2007 Toyota Solara convertible with HID head lights. The head lights work when you first turn them on but one goes out after 10 seconds and the other goes out after about 20 minutes. I was floored when they stated the bulbs were $368.00 each, and they did not stock them. I went to an auto parts store and purchased a bulb for $89.00 but it did not fix the problem. I took it to the dealer to repair the lights when they informed us that it would cost $2000 to repair the system and it was not covered as our car has 40,000 miles on it and I voided because I put in an after market bulb. The problem has not been fixed yet.
Favorite Features
The great gas mileage, the rear seat has the roomiest of any convertible I have ever seen and it fits two full sized adults
Suggested Improvements
Make the repair bills a lot more affordable. They are not BMWs
By godofgambler
on 05/20/11 16:43 PM (PDT)

I have the same problem. Mine happened around 35K miles so warranty covered it. Took 2 to 3 hours. It turns out not light bulb(s) problem but electrical. Same thing happen again after 1 month after fixing. So now, when it goes off, I just turn headlights off and then on and they work fine. This happens a lot for Toyota HID equipped cars. I saw a lot of Prius owners have similar problems.