Used 2007 Toyota Camry Solara Sport V6 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

A great car so far
By benebsm

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Sport V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the sport conv. used the end of 2007 with about 11K miles on it. I chose this car because it is front wheel drive and has a heck of a alot of trunk space for a convertible. In addition it is a sharp looking car and I was banking on Toyota reliability. To date I have close to 90K miles on it. No issues thus far. Put new tires and brakes. Aside from that just oil changes and the regular maintainance stuff. The pick up is OK although it is a bit sluggish going up hills. The gas mileage is good averaging low-mid 20's depending on highway/city driving mix. The top is a cinch to drop. I still often get compliments on the car as it is sharp looking. And it is lots of fun!

Favorite Features

power top, front wheel drive (decent in the snow), big trunk, MPG is decent, has been very reliable

Suggested Improvements

Really none that I can think of

Great Car, Summer Fun
By carluvr

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Sport V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I think Toyota is making a huge mistake in discontinuing this model. I was in a rear-end collision and had I been in a two seater, I shudder to think of where I would be now. the car is well built and ultimately protected me so that not only did I walk away, I returned to work later, when I stopped shaking. I suffered whiplash and I'm still dealing with that. The dealership did a fabulous job in returning the car to its original condition and you can't even tell it was in an accident.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive and fuel economy Quick response automatic top Beautiful exterior draws oohs and aahs from bystanders

Suggested Improvements

Quicker pick-up upon acceleration in traffic situations.

Love This Car
By Calif. Sunshine

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Sport V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this brand new two weeks ago, and boy what fun! I love to go topless, yet cannot believe how quiet it is when the top is up! It's so much fun to drive and handles so well. It took me months to find one though and I had about given up looking. I hear it is being discontinued? What a shame, as the SLE model just doesn't have the "sporty" look to it. If you can find one - buy it quick. I may be 60 but I still want the "sporty" look - and this one has it!

Favorite Features

Bluetooth feature (was a must for us in Calif.); the instrument panel with lights on; very classy metallic paint; rear spoiler (my favorite); underbody trim to add to the sporty look; ease of putting top up/down; adjustable headlamps; comfortable back seat; roomy trunk, and Toyota reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Would like electric seats with memory; leather option; sinc. to garage door opener; radio display dial should light up so you can read it in the daytime; larger rear window; easier/faster way to install the boot; more color options.

Can't go wrong! It's my 2nd Solara.
By Christi

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Sport V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

There isn't a better car available that exudes luxury and sport. It turns heads every day and is often confused with a Lexus. It does not have the Mustang's get-up (but is that really necessary anyway?), nor does it have the Lexus price-tag (but it still comes with most of the goodies). It's handling is smooth, the ride is velvety and the engine is near silent when running. Granted, its price is a wee bit on the high end, but keep in mind that just comes with the territory when you buy something as reliable, safe and with excellent re-sale value as a Toyota.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, JBL sound-system, adjustable-height headlights, sport package ground effects, 3 phase pearl white, roomy backseat, sleek exterior design, crisp and clean interior design.

Suggested Improvements

The convertible top and all-window buttons are positioned directly behind the steering wheel making them difficult to see and do not light up with the rest of the lights on the dashboard. It is like a cockpit to get in and out of, in other words cumbersome, but once in the car, its very comfortable.

Solara Convertible Sport
By Trilion4245

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Sport V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Beautiful, smooth ride & very fun to drive, this car is just about perfect to me. Living in New England, it's difficult for a car to accommodate the extreme demands year-round, but this car has for me. I knew when I bought it that I wouldn't be happy with the blindspots in back but purchased it anyway. I've owned a variety of automobiles to use as a comparison and can honostly say that I love my Solara convertible and am reminded of that everythime I drive it.

Favorite Features

Just some of my favorites are: ease of putting the top up & down; beautiful style; comfortable ride; steeringwheel radio controls; roomy & comfortable interior; sporty look.

Suggested Improvements

Make convertible boot install easier. Add strip bumper to protect paint. Move convertible & open/close windows controls easier to see & use. If the back blindspot can't be improved, then car should come standard with sensor alert. Spoiler clips should be more durable.