Used 2007 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
LOVE This Car!
By ccald

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Toyota Solara SLE Convertible for just about three years now. I absolutely love it! I was so very sorry to hear of the model's demise. I think Toyota made a mistake there. I wanted a 4 seater not a 2 seater convertible without being a huge car and there are not many of those made. The retractable hard roofs take up trunk space which I do not like. My car has really good trunk space. I have seen too many of the convertibles with very poor trunk space. I would have continued buying Toyota's convertibles if they had continued making the Solara. I live in the middle south and convertibles are definitely the way to go. Toyota: PLEASE BRING IT BACK!

Favorite Features

Love the way the car handles. Plus, it has a smooth ride. I had a Corvette once and felt every tar bump on the road. Much prefer my Solara Convertible. Plus I love the color (Cosmic Blue) and have had MANY, MANY complements.

Suggested Improvements

I read where people have complained about chips on the edge of the door. I have not had that problem but a solution would be to provide an edging strip which could be easily replaced if chipped. Of course, you can always buy an edging strip at an auto store but it would look nicer the same color.

2007 Solara Convertible SLE
By Bruce Colman

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've been driving it for three years, crossed Canada once in it and it has never let me down. In terms of service, only scheduled maintenance.

Favorite Features

Convertible is terrific, really wish I could buy a new one. Camry reliability in a fun car.

Suggested Improvements

relocate the drives seat a bit further back, we drive as a couple and wish the seat would go back a bit further. It is a four passenger convertible, but a bit more rearward range in the seats would be nice.

Toyota Quality Not What it used to be
By rb106

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Car has chronic problem with pulling to right, front windows bang when they go down into door and the dealer says that is normal as the car ages. The car does not handle roads very well, there are lots of rattles and ride's very rough. I have owned several Toyota's and this is by far the worst Toyota I have ever owned. I know that everyone who writes loves theirs but I can't say the same. The dealer and Toyota specialist keep telling me that I'm too fussy and all the problems are in my head. Friends that drive the car agree that there is something wrong but I can't seem to get Toyota to agree with me.

Favorite Features

Speed of power top going up / down and size of the trunk is great.

Suggested Improvements

Better suspension and Window regulators.

Solara Convertible
By Bob

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is awesome. I love the way the top goes up and down in 10 seconds! Gas mileage is great and overall the car handles very well.

Favorite Features

The rag top is very reliable and quiet. The sound system is very loud and clear.

Suggested Improvements

none

Toyota Solara
By ajwilke

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had a Solara for over 2 years now. It is a great car! I don't get as many admiring looks as I did with my MR2 Spyder, but it definitely gets noticed. It rides well and is very quiet. The back seat accommodates 2 adults easily and it has ample trunk room. The V-6 is very responsive and I have to be careful about speeding. I have had no problems with it. Only visits to the dealer for routine maintenance. If I ever have to replace it, I will definitely have this model at the top of my list.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. It's a convertible.