2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Toyota Quality Not What it used to be
By rb106 on 10/01/09 18:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Car has chronic problem with pulling to right, front windows bang when they go down into door and the dealer says that is normal as the car ages. The car does not handle roads very well, there are lots of rattles and ride's very rough. I have owned several Toyota's and this is by far the worst Toyota I have ever owned. I know that everyone who writes loves theirs but I can't say the same. The dealer and Toyota specialist keep telling me that I'm too fussy and all the problems are in my head. Friends that drive the car agree that there is something wrong but I can't seem to get Toyota to agree with me.

LOVE This Car!
By ccald on 09/03/09 06:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Toyota Solara SLE Convertible for just about three years now. I absolutely love it! I was so very sorry to hear of the model's demise. I think Toyota made a mistake there. I wanted a 4 seater not a 2 seater convertible without being a huge car and there are not many of those made. The retractable hard roofs take up trunk space which I do not like. My car has really good trunk space. I have seen too many of the convertibles with very poor trunk space. I would have continued buying Toyota's convertibles if they had continued making the Solara. I live in the middle south and convertibles are definitely the way to go. Toyota: PLEASE BRING IT BACK!

Toyota Solara
By ajwilke on 08/02/09 11:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had a Solara for over 2 years now. It is a great car! I don't get as many admiring looks as I did with my MR2 Spyder, but it definitely gets noticed. It rides well and is very quiet. The back seat accommodates 2 adults easily and it has ample trunk room. The V-6 is very responsive and I have to be careful about speeding. I have had no problems with it. Only visits to the dealer for routine maintenance. If I ever have to replace it, I will definitely have this model at the top of my list.

Solara Convertible
By Bob on 01/15/09 12:43 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is awesome. I love the way the top goes up and down in 10 seconds! Gas mileage is great and overall the car handles very well.

$2000 to fix the head lights?
By kathleen on 12/07/08 09:35 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The problems that are popping up are rather disappointing. We have a 2007 Toyota Solara convertible with HID head lights. The head lights work when you first turn them on but one goes out after 10 seconds and the other goes out after about 20 minutes. I was floored when they stated the bulbs were $368.00 each, and they did not stock them. I went to an auto parts store and purchased a bulb for $89.00 but it did not fix the problem. I took it to the dealer to repair the lights when they informed us that it would cost $2000 to repair the system and it was not covered as our car has 40,000 miles on it and I voided because I put in an after market bulb. The problem has not been fixed yet.

Great car for the money
By Mike on 08/21/07 19:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara rag top is an overall excellent product. Superb build quality. I'm getting 29.5 MPG on the highway. This is a great car for the money. Smooth as silk. This car just glides.

Solara Convertible
By easwind on 07/02/07 08:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Bad points: blind spots with top up; can't read center digital dash in the sun Mediocre points: gas mileage; steering slightly sloppy; computer/audio panel not state-of-art; roll bar is modest. Great points: everything else

Solara
By Marie on 05/17/07 14:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Living in Ohio I was nervous about buying a convertible but this car handles as good in the snow as the Taurus I owned before it. I bought my car in the winter and I felt no drafts. The best options about the car are the heated front leather seats, large back seat that comfortably seats adults, and the large trunk size. These are rare options to find in a convertible.

Primary driver
By herb on 05/06/07 05:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, it's a fun car to drive. It looks sharp, a step above the other cars, with cool head and tail lights, stylish body and room for 4 adults.

The Best Toyota I Have Ever Owned
By Carole Wilk on 05/05/07 08:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I get about 20-22 MPG on the road. I installed the back up beeping sound to alert me if anything is in my path. The car has been great!! I love driving it. I have been a Toyota driver for years. This particular Solara has a Lexus look and feel.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.