Used 2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

2007 Solara Convertible SLE
By Bruce Colman

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've been driving it for three years, crossed Canada once in it and it has never let me down. In terms of service, only scheduled maintenance.

Convertible is terrific, really wish I could buy a new one. Camry reliability in a fun car.

relocate the drives seat a bit further back, we drive as a couple and wish the seat would go back a bit further. It is a four passenger convertible, but a bit more rearward range in the seats would be nice.

A great car so far
By benebsm

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Sport V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the sport conv. used the end of 2007 with about 11K miles on it. I chose this car because it is front wheel drive and has a heck of a alot of trunk space for a convertible. In addition it is a sharp looking car and I was banking on Toyota reliability. To date I have close to 90K miles on it. No issues thus far. Put new tires and brakes. Aside from that just oil changes and the regular maintainance stuff. The pick up is OK although it is a bit sluggish going up hills. The gas mileage is good averaging low-mid 20's depending on highway/city driving mix. The top is a cinch to drop. I still often get compliments on the car as it is sharp looking. And it is lots of fun!

power top, front wheel drive (decent in the snow), big trunk, MPG is decent, has been very reliable

Really none that I can think of

Great Car, Summer Fun
By carluvr

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Sport V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I think Toyota is making a huge mistake in discontinuing this model. I was in a rear-end collision and had I been in a two seater, I shudder to think of where I would be now. the car is well built and ultimately protected me so that not only did I walk away, I returned to work later, when I stopped shaking. I suffered whiplash and I'm still dealing with that. The dealership did a fabulous job in returning the car to its original condition and you can't even tell it was in an accident.

Fun to drive and fuel economy Quick response automatic top Beautiful exterior draws oohs and aahs from bystanders

Quicker pick-up upon acceleration in traffic situations.

Toyota Quality Not What it used to be
By rb106

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Car has chronic problem with pulling to right, front windows bang when they go down into door and the dealer says that is normal as the car ages. The car does not handle roads very well, there are lots of rattles and ride's very rough. I have owned several Toyota's and this is by far the worst Toyota I have ever owned. I know that everyone who writes loves theirs but I can't say the same. The dealer and Toyota specialist keep telling me that I'm too fussy and all the problems are in my head. Friends that drive the car agree that there is something wrong but I can't seem to get Toyota to agree with me.

Speed of power top going up / down and size of the trunk is great.

Better suspension and Window regulators.

LOVE This Car!
By ccald

2007 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Toyota Solara SLE Convertible for just about three years now. I absolutely love it! I was so very sorry to hear of the model's demise. I think Toyota made a mistake there. I wanted a 4 seater not a 2 seater convertible without being a huge car and there are not many of those made. The retractable hard roofs take up trunk space which I do not like. My car has really good trunk space. I have seen too many of the convertibles with very poor trunk space. I would have continued buying Toyota's convertibles if they had continued making the Solara. I live in the middle south and convertibles are definitely the way to go. Toyota: PLEASE BRING IT BACK!

Love the way the car handles. Plus, it has a smooth ride. I had a Corvette once and felt every tar bump on the road. Much prefer my Solara Convertible. Plus I love the color (Cosmic Blue) and have had MANY, MANY complements.

I read where people have complained about chips on the edge of the door. I have not had that problem but a solution would be to provide an edging strip which could be easily replaced if chipped. Of course, you can always buy an edging strip at an auto store but it would look nicer the same color.