Used 2007 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Still lovin' it!
By yolee1

2007 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

An update to a review I posted in 2010. I've had the car for 2 years, 68000 miles on it now, absolutely no problems with it is so far. I love my car! Recently replaced the low profile tires which were a bit expensive but must say work great in the snow (feel more comfortable driving this car in the snow than I did driving my last small SUV, handles great). Getting in and out of the car is more of a challenge (especially for my hubby) but I love the sporty look and feel of it so I guess that's the price you gotta pay. We definitely made the right switch from Chevy to Toyota, our Chevy parts supply guy is probably wondering what happened. Hope to drive my Solara for the next 10 years!

Favorite Features

Climate control, Navigation/Stereo system, sunroof, leather heated seats, great gas mileage, pretty much the whole car.

Suggested Improvements

none

Love it!
By Yolee

2007 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Have had the car for about a month, so far love it! We have always been Chevy/Buick fans but my husband got tired of constantly working on them, we decided to give Toyota a try (time will tell if we've made the right choice).I went from a small SUV and was worried that going back to a car the ride would feel low, it doesn't. I love the look of the Solara, the pearl finish, so far I pretty much love everything about the car. Smooth ride, descent gas mileage (average around 29, country driving), the classy cream leather interior, the navigation system and blue-tooth. Feel like a spoiled princess driving this car, feels like I'm driving a Lexus.

Favorite Features

Climate control, blue-tooth, navigation/stereo system, leather heated seats, moon-roof, pretty much the whole interior.

Suggested Improvements

noticed that some of the panel spaces differ (some are wider then the opposite side), more precise placement would make this car absolutely perfect!

From Buick to Toyota
By Yolee

2007 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My husband was tired of working on our GM vehicles so we decided to give Toyota a try (time will tell). So far I love it! He wanted an Accord, I didn't care for the bumpy ride. The Solara is beautifully smooth (like buttah). I love the car! The interior is classy, does look like a Lexus, love everything about it. Learning to use the navigation system, very cool. The exterior is nice, love the pearl white color. We're averaging over 29 MPG, not bad for a V6 (live out in the country). Will post another update in a few years, but hoping the constant "working on fixing something on the car days" are over.

Favorite Features

cream,leather, heated seats, blue-tooth, wood looking finish, sunroof, the smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

had to fix some chips in the paint, a strip to protect the sides of the car would be nice.

Doesn't always start
By Zack

2007 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car in march and absolutely loved it. I noticed in august my passenger window didn't always stay rolled up and then my car wasn't always starting. It would eventually start but the dealership just made me feel as if i was crazy or somehow at fault. Unfortunatley, as is with most issues, not everything can be duplicated at the dealership and I've had my car in the shop at least once a week since November. It's now a week before Christmas. Since my car is under warranty, I hope this issue is resolved before my warranty ends.

Favorite Features

The bluetooth and the miles to empty meter. I'm a musician and my cello fits perfectly in the trunk. Its great when I'm carpooling. I've actually fit 2 cellos a violin and 4 people in my solara.

Suggested Improvements

Hi and Lo settings for heated seats would be great. Satellite radio connection is there but still requires the satellite providers receiver. Air controls on the steering wheel would be nice. Overall, aside from the not always starting, its been an excellent car.

Almost Perfect
By Barbara

2007 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My Toyota Solara V6 SLE coupe is a joy to drive with the exception of several rattles and squeaks in the interior. I have tried to attribute these rattles to a particular item, but cannot. They are intermittent and they change. I am disappointed that this otherwise flawless vehicle sounds a bit junky at times with only 6500 miles on it. What will it be like 3 or 4 years from now?

Favorite Features

Comfort, roominess, nice interior, excellent visibility, moonroof.

Suggested Improvements

Remove the rattles, tighten everything up.