Solara, A Great Touring Convertible
By Michael Byrnes on
2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)
I bought this vehicle for the Toyota name and because I didn't want a small convertible. It was recommended by Consumer Reports as well. The other mid size convertibles were either too "old' looking to me or too pricey. This vehicle allows us to bring two or three friends along. The 2006 Solara has a very smooth ride, stability and traction control, the seating is great, it's very comfortable getting in and out, and it's a pleasure on the open road, top down. There is almost no detectable engine noise. In fact the only flaw is at low speeds, 15 to 30 mph, when the gas and the transmission seem to resist acceleration enough to make it feel like its dragging before it kicks in and leaps forward.
Favorite Features
My favorite feature has to be the quiet smooth ride with the open touring car feel. I also like that the motor for opening the top give you a little leaway when you overlook the unlocking and press the button to open the top.
Suggested Improvements
If I could ask for one improvement it would be to smooth out the acceleration at lower speeds. And my second suggestion would be to continue making them beyond 2008. Well,maybe I'll have a more valuable classic, and sooner.