2006 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Review: Smooth as silk

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Review

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe

Smooth as silk
By jerry on

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I suppose the Solara has love it or hate it styling, at first I thought it looked a bit odd in the rear, but have gotten used to it and think it's quite nice looking. Gas mileage is amazing for such a roomy car, I average 30 mpg, and I sit in the worst traffic L.A. has to offer. Interior is arty, beautiful. I have the Lexus Pearlescent white paint option and spoiler, otherwise it's the base model. Lots o' features, including on board computer. Everyone has the impression I bought an expensive luxury car, so I'd say I got my money's worth. Paid under 19,000 for it brand spankin' new, and it looks and feels much more pricey.

After gas mileage, I'd say the interior design. I also like the steering wheel sound system and computer controls. Nice wheels. For a base model, it's packed with upscale do-dads.

Seats are too soft and non supportive for my tastes, but this is the base model. My first (out of 4) American built Toyotas, and I can see a difference (for the worse) in fit and finish. Nothing drastic and still better than most.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review