2006 Toyota Camry Solara 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Near perfect, needs a few

2006 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Review

Near perfect, needs a few more items
By Dave Rodham on

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Easy driver. Lots of people comforts. I feel safe with airbags everywhere. Stereo should have 100 more watts or my hearing is shot. Wife says her seat has no power controls. My next car will have pass seat controls for wife. Few minor offensive features. Quality is unmatched. Long trips are a breeze. Trunk is sizable but needs dividers. All around good car and our dogs like it as well.

Favorite Features

Like the (Pearl) Artic Frost White paint. Good power for a V6. Good gas mileage 30.9 average after 6500 miles. Auto dim mirrors in and out are great. So are HID lights. Night driving is superb. Seats are very comfy. Climate control is excellent once you figure out the overrides.

Suggested Improvements

Needs memory seats (both power) I like the baby blue dash lights, but they clash with the green gage lights. I had 4 Runner with one touch start and miss it on Solara. No ashtray? Need more little storage spaces. Stereo needs a power booster button and XM capabilities.