My first convertible
By thebug on
2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)
I purchased my Solara convertible, black with dark gray leather, 9/5/05. I didn't realize it, but nicely equiped and priced convertibles are hard to find. It was truly worth the wait. I looked at all the other available convertibles in this price range, and this one is by far the best. Just reached 1000 miles (mostly open top), and I have absolutely no complaints. The ride is smooth, quiet (for a convertible), and responsive. A true head turner, and many have stopped to talk and take a look. Some have mentioned the poor rear view, but it's not an issue for me, my other cars have high rear ends also, so I've become accustomed to side mirror driving. I really love this car.
Favorite Features
Where do I start? Styling, power top, sound system, comfortable seats, handling, dual tranny, user friendly ergonomics, truck space, and just the right amount of sponk. I just love this car!!!
Suggested Improvements
Offer an optional power passenger seat (what were they thinking), an integrated boot (I don't use the current one, too cumbersome when you have to close the top several times a day) but it looks good without the boot anyway, dual exhaust, and rear window controls.