2006 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Review: Mid-Life Crisis Car

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible - Consumer Review

Mid-Life Crisis Car
By Tina RN on

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This was my mid-life crisis purchase - have always wanted a convertible, so I went for it. The "shake" in the car when you hit the slightest bump worried me at first but then I realized it was normal for a convertible. Everyone stares when we drive by with the top down. My best friend and I always just say "they want to be us!" Everyone in my family hates the car because I always want the top down, but that was the point!! I have 1400 miles on it, leased it (first time - scared to death about that) but am thinking about trading on an Avalon Limited. I know I will miss my relaxing evening drives...I researched every convertible. This one was the best I found - go for it!

Mine is red and it is simply a head- turner. Ease of putting top down. Steering wheel controls. Good storage. Comfortable seating for four adults. Good stereo. Fun to drive.

Front windshield keeps film on it during evening drives. Poor back visibility. Fold down rear headrests needed. Water gets all over seats after rain or car wash when you open door - need a lip or something there. Back up camera and Wind screen should bestandard! Illuminated "top down" & "all" button