2006 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Review: Love my SLE Convertible

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible - Consumer Review

Love my SLE Convertible
By JLB on

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I ordered my SLE convertible in June 2005, and it arrived in October 2005. I wanted the ground effects and the only way I could get it on an SLE was to order it from the factory. The car is great to drive and now that spring is almost here, I'll enjoy it even more. I get lots of compliments whenever I drive it. The exterior design is sexy, but not too over the top. I've wanted a convertible for many years, and I'm glad I waited to buy this one. For the price, quality, and reliability, you can't go wrong buying a Solara.

My favorite features are the satellite navigation system, XM radio, and climate control. I love how easy it is to let the top down. The back seat is full size and two adults can ride on long trips in comfort. Letting the top down does not take away from the trunk space.

I've seen other reviews that mentioned body quiver. It happens on my SLE on rough roads, but it's a minor nuisance. It's hard seeing out the rear with the huge headrests, but once you get used to them, it's no problem. A backup camera would be great. A permanent covertible boot should be added.