Go for it!
By Solman6 on
2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
If you were concerned about a 4 cyl. being underpowered don't be! I have no trouble with hesitation or merging onto highways or passing for that matter. I am 6ft 1" tall and the leg room is okay but headroom is obtained by tilting the seat back and making up the difference with the tilt telescopic wheel, if you are tall go for long test drive to be sure of comfort level. I put a full size spare in the trunk, no temporary tire for this long haul commuter, so be warned the well is too shallow for a full size tire requiring extension of hold down bolt and modification of well cover to accomodate it. Radio is adequate but nothing special, Gas mileage is great at 30 mpg average. Overall nice car!
Favorite Features
The trunk size is great and the rear seat fold down feature makes it better. Controls are well thought out and easily reached and having some of them on the steering doesn't hurt! Three sets of keys was a nice surprise. Very quiet highway ride and I like the looks of the 4 cylinder alloy wheels.
Suggested Improvements
I would improve the cup holders okay for styro cups but no universal fit. Seat cushion could have more padding. Make the seat heaters with high low setting. Make the radio in the SLE truly satellite ready, right from the factory. Improve the front license plate mounting system. Full size spare option.