Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

While the Sun Shines
By Stone

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has the typically great Toyota quality. The mileage is impressive, 26 MPG around town and 32 MPG on the Thruway. The "Absolutely Red" color is terrific.

Comfort, styling, economy, reliability.

The view to the rear is severely limited by the rear seat headrests which seem to serve as roll-over protection. Making them loop-type/see through would help. The paint chips somewhat easily. Better quality tires are needed.

Most fun with the top down!
By Utterchaos

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car! It's the best. I have so much fun driving it around. The trunk is huge! My two teen boys fit in the backseat fine. I can't wait for good weather, just so I can ride with the top down. Have only had one problem and that was a bad thermometer. It has HUGE blindspots with the top up, so I have spot mirrors. The car is so much fun, that it outweighs the blindspot.

The easy open top. It's so fast. One button and you are done. Love the power driver seat.

Channels on the sides of the tops. When it rains, and you open the doors the water pours onto the seats and soaks you. Need to do something about that. Good thing it never rains in Southern CA.

A Lexus Convertible for a Toyota Price
By mcvg

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I'm very pleased with my Solara. This is a very quiet car with the top up and tons of fun with the top down. The JBL Stereo is outstanding and provides great sound even with the top down on the interstate. I have had the car in for one warranty repair to fix a small rattle, but a very painless experience. I like all the little gadgets on this car, though the fuel mileage estimator usually posts about 3 mpg too high. Overall a wonderful car and great for weekend trips!

A great stereo system and very useful trunk (which is only slightly smaller than the Avalon trunk).

The blind spot can be tricky, and could be fixed somewhat if the rear seat headrests could be taken out (they currently do not detach).

First Class Fun & Reliability
By Charles

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my Solara for just about a year now. It's been quite a reliable, enjoyable, auto that looks quite attractive still. The only problem that I've noted is that it is quite difficult to see out the rear passenger window when trying to back out of parking spaces, or merge into traffic. Otherwise, the car is more enjoyable and reliable than I had expected.

I guess my favorite features would be the all-window control, and the auto- headlights. Never have to worry about using headlight switch again.

Other than somehow fixing the blind spot out the rear passenger window, I guess my only disappointment is that the satellite radio does everyting except play MP3's. I read in the brochure that virtually all Toyota radios now play MP3's, but I guess mine is an exception.

My First Toyota - Quality Built Car
By Perfectly Built

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

First the workmanship of this car is perfect.The telescopic steering wheel, the quality stereo system, heated seat, quiet smooth ride, easy operated convertible top to the stylish body makes this a perfect quality car. You cannot even hear this car running.

Telescopic steering wheel, power lumbar with heated seat, easy to reach controls, larger side mirrors, color RED

Enlarge rear window to decrease blind spots, redesign convertible boot to make it easier to install and remove, have pedal come to the driver instead of the driver moving the seat to far foward to reach the pedals.