Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Great Choice
By Patricia

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this car in May of 2006, trading in my 4 year old, gas guzzling SUV. Wasn't sure how I would adjust to a smaller vehicle but I LOVE IT! This car goes to the beach almost every weekend and receives stares every time. Parking is much easier than in my previous auto and the car drives great. I recommend it to everyone!

Favorite Features

Ease of convertible roof and sporty styling. Having two children, back seat was needed. Leg room is comparible to any midsize sedan.

Suggested Improvements

Back up camera should be standard feature as it is difficult to see in reverse when roof is up.

Wow!
By Greg

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My first convertible, and I love it. Errands used to be a pain, now, I volunteer!!! Smooth, comfortable, stylish. I have never recieved so many compliments from people about having a great car! Makes driving fun.

Favorite Features

All of them!. Just a great car from top to bottom. Even has some trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

Backup avoidance system, or better visibility.

My 2006 Solara
By J.J. Hemingway

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great car. After driving a Mazda Miata for a number of years I graduated to a car with a trunk & back seat. Steering and handling not as tight at the Miata. But overall a great car. Great pick-up, and people swear it is a Lexus - almost but half the price of the Lexus convertible. Always gets lots of nice looks and comments. I love cars that have that effect on people!!

Favorite Features

The layout of the instrument cluster, radio is so easy to operate. And it's a very comfortable car to drive and ride in!

Suggested Improvements

Offer a manual transmission. Bigger back window - there are blind spots with the top up. And illumination for the power top and all windows up and down switches. It's a pain to have to stop the car, turn the interior light on, just to be sure I'm hitting the button!!

Convertible Bert
By kgulley

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have grown to truly value this automobile in a really big way. Realistically, the only thing that I can say bad, is that the handling is typical of other Toyotas I've driven, and I feel as though there is a certain amount of wind sheer and turbulence (if that is appropriate terminology) that I experience. Yet given the soft top, its understandable. Overall a great car, with no timing belt, unlike found in some other cars.

Favorite Features

I really enjoy the JBL - sound system that includes a cassette tape player, which isn't often found in some new cars that have only a CD player/changer

Suggested Improvements

Locked compartments are necessary in order to be able to keep the top down when on quick in/outs to the grocery store.

Beautiful Car
By Cari

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Convertible Solara. Every where I go I get people turning their heads. The car it self is smooth and comfortable I wouldn't trade it for anything else, it's perfect for me.

Favorite Features

I love the six cd changers The Digital formats it displays to let me know how many miles I have left before I'm on empty. =)

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I could think of is that instead of 2 doors they should make it 4 doors It would make it easier for people to get in and out. But then again I could see why they haven't done that.