2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
My dream car
By Elaine Boudreaux on 10/30/05 06:41 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After reseraching many convertibles, I decided on the Solara based on my satisfaction with my 2001 Camry which I intended to keep as my work vehicle, however Hurricane Katrina claimed that car. The Solara convertible was so comfortable on the test drive that I knew this is the car I want.

Sporty and practical
By Knightrider on 10/22/05 08:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I was finally done with the minivan stage and wanted a convertible, but still needed trunk space, which no convertibles had. Not only does this car look and handle great, but it is so practical. The back seat is completely comfortable and you can not believe what I can get in that trunk - it's huge! The only thing you sacrifice for trunk space is the convertible cover. It doesn't have the nice automatic covers like more expensive cars, but space more than makes up for it. The only negative about the car is poor visibility in the rear with the top up. Very difficult to see backing up.

Love It!!!
By rlmblm21 on 10/18/05 17:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car for 2 months now and have enjoyed every minute in it. So fun to drive and people actually stop me in parking lots to tell me how great the car looks and to ask me what kind of car it is. (Mine is the blue one with black top, charcoal grey interior.) Amazing handling; hugs the road, but engine doesn't make a sound.

A Great Car for the Individualist
By Herb on 10/16/05 11:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The convertible is generally wonderful; great ergonomics, unique style quiet interior, and great ride.

My first convertible
By thebug on 10/07/05 01:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Solara convertible, black with dark gray leather, 9/5/05. I didn't realize it, but nicely equiped and priced convertibles are hard to find. It was truly worth the wait. I looked at all the other available convertibles in this price range, and this one is by far the best. Just reached 1000 miles (mostly open top), and I have absolutely no complaints. The ride is smooth, quiet (for a convertible), and responsive. A true head turner, and many have stopped to talk and take a look. Some have mentioned the poor rear view, but it's not an issue for me, my other cars have high rear ends also, so I've become accustomed to side mirror driving. I really love this car.

Beautiful Car
By flybye on 10/04/05 17:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car about a month ago I absolutely love it. It is so much fun to drive, and it looks great. So far I have not had any problems and everything has been easy to use. I'm still getting used to the dual transmission, but I found that if I drive in manual I get slightly better gas mileage.

Outstanding Quality
By Patricia Kappenhagen on 09/17/05 09:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have less than 3,000 miles on my car but driving it from Texas to Florida was a great experience for my husband and me. The quality and handling of the vehicle is superb in all categories.

Great car
By Elly on 09/08/05 11:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Hard to find this car but well worth the wait and search. Smooth handling, comfortable, excellent fuel economy, super sound system. I have always liked the Solara but this body style was well worth the wait. The dual transmission is fun and keeps you in touch with manual driving as well as giving you the laid back ability to switch back to automatic and cruise control. Convertible roof is easy to use and the car looks good with it up or down.

Toyota Solara Convertible
By Linda on 09/07/05 18:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great car... super gas mileage... fun to drive... very comfortable car for four people... can get two sets of golf clubs plus luggage in the trunk for beach weekend.

06 SLE Vert...
By Bubba on 09/01/05 19:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I got mine just before the hurricane and have only 100+ mile on it. Everything works, it's tight and fun to drive. The Arctic Pearl White paint with tan top is a nice combination, and people have stopped to admire the car. The only problem that I have experience is in rear visability with the top up... very bad do to the front slope of the car and the head rests which cannot be removed. One would hope that this could be resolved in some way in future models. I'm coming out of a 2000 Avalon and the Solara has all the bells and whistles, and seem almost as large a car. A Lexus in Toyota badging. It was a toss up between this or a 350 Z. The Solara just makes more sence and I love it

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.