2006 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews 8

2006 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
It's Just Great
By gary frost on 04/30/06 17:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned this vehicle for a couple of months, but we're thrilled with it! A hot rod its not, but it has very good power, and corners and handles very well. Plus, the seating and stereo are fantastic, and the fit and finish of this car is well above average.

Hoped For Better
By Mark on 04/25/06 14:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I find this vehicle to be a pig on fuel and underpowered at that. The car is fun to drive because of the conv. top but lacks in stereo quality and the navigation system has a mind of its own. At times the nav. is very annoying, but all in all a fun car. The tires are low profile on 17' wheels and they cut the moment you touch a curb.

'06 Solara
By jashrt on 04/24/06 12:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very enjoyable to drive. I like very much not seeing a lot of Solara on the road. While driving on the freeway at about 70MPH a truck in front of me lost part of its load. I had to make a quick move to the emergency lane and back on the road the car handle great!

Red 06 Solara
By solara32 on 04/23/06 22:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car with every conceivable option 96 airbags, VSC, heated seats, etc) available except navigation. The ride is comfortable, and despite the sloping rear visibility is good. The V6 makes the car a little heavier compared with my old 4 cylinder Solara. The headrests for the rear passengers are a nice touch. The leather is soft and comfortable, and the heated seats nicely warm the body slowly. All controls are intuitive and easy to use, even the automatic climate control.

I am spoiled!
By Lairg on 04/19/06 16:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the funnest car I have ever owned. Love the top down year round in Florida. It looks like money without being out of the average person's price range.

Love my SLE Convertible
By JLB on 04/01/06 19:41 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I ordered my SLE convertible in June 2005, and it arrived in October 2005. I wanted the ground effects and the only way I could get it on an SLE was to order it from the factory. The car is great to drive and now that spring is almost here, I'll enjoy it even more. I get lots of compliments whenever I drive it. The exterior design is sexy, but not too over the top. I've wanted a convertible for many years, and I'm glad I waited to buy this one. For the price, quality, and reliability, you can't go wrong buying a Solara.

SLE Solara
By Earl on 03/28/06 14:36 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Quietest convertible that I have ever owned. Very low wind noise with the top up. Motor is very quiet, have to watch the tach sometimes to see if it is running. Top goes up and down easily.

Great car... but
By J. Zito on 03/28/06 06:05 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara Convertible is a well built, nicely styled car. The interior is both beautiful and functional, while the exterior is eye catching. Road noise and bumps are well isolated.

Love my car!
By Christine on 03/26/06 06:37 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is sporty and fun to drive. The rear seats have much more room than any convertible I've ever ridden. It's a wonderful car to drive daily in the south. Vacations in the car have been wonderful.

Go for it!
By Solman6 on 03/25/06 18:07 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

If you were concerned about a 4 cyl. being underpowered don't be! I have no trouble with hesitation or merging onto highways or passing for that matter. I am 6ft 1" tall and the leg room is okay but headroom is obtained by tilting the seat back and making up the difference with the tilt telescopic wheel, if you are tall go for long test drive to be sure of comfort level. I put a full size spare in the trunk, no temporary tire for this long haul commuter, so be warned the well is too shallow for a full size tire requiring extension of hold down bolt and modification of well cover to accomodate it. Radio is adequate but nothing special, Gas mileage is great at 30 mpg average. Overall nice car!