2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Awesome must have.
By michelle on 01/16/06 20:52 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a nice luxury car. I took some friends out this weekend. My girl friend and I sat up front and had the men sit in the back. My girl friends husband is 6'4 he's a former San Antonio Spurs basketball player he was so impressed with all the room in the back of my car. Sitting next to my husband they had nothing to complain about. For the 1st time the the laugh was on them. This is car makes it own statement. "Awesome"

6 mos. Review
By randy on 01/12/06 14:03 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After driving my new convertible for 6 months I am thrilled to report complete satisfaction with all aspects of the car. Low wind buffeting, dry interior during car washes and heavy rains, great stereo system. The mileage has leveled off to 27 MGP around town and the seats are so comfortable I can drive all day and all night only to stop for a fill up every 500 miles or so. I wish the exterior styling was sexier, and I'm quite happy that the car is not a hotrod as the professional reviewers have all lamented. Bottom Line: After only 6 months and 12,000 miles I'm looking forward to the new spring/summer/fall driving season where I expect I'll put on another 18,000 miles, or more.

Soar with a Solara convertible
By jaz on 01/07/06 11:51 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Toyota creates fun and class all in one vehicle. Strangers at the mall, gas station, and stop light still admire and ask questions about my blue with cream colored top and interior vehicle. My cousin from Houston visited, drove my car, and went home to buy her own blue w/black and grey Solara. Exceptional quality, design - no road noise!, and great gas mileage combine to make going to work fun! I love my Toyota!

This is the CAR to BUY!
By Mary Johnsen on 01/02/06 16:07 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Once this car comes out with a fixed boot for the convertible top then I will trade up. Using the boot is a nuisance with taking it off and on when you want to secure the vehicle. In the meanwhile I plan on driving this vehicle for the next 7 years. Spacious, comfortable, stylish. Just a great vehicle and a real head turner. As with most larger convertibles, there is noticable body quiver going over bumps, but no big deal. Toyota reliability, excellent gas mileage, well into the 30s on the highway in a 225HP V6. I simply can not say enough positive things about this wonderful car. A great buy for the money.

Great car!
By John on 12/13/05 22:52 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

By far the best car I've ever owned. Style is beautiful and catches peoples' eyes. Smooth ride.

Love it more every day!
By Pati on 11/27/05 13:13 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We researched a lot of cars and although I really wanted the convertible at first, the visibility was terrible. At 5' tall, I am able to adjust the seat so that I have no problems with comfort. I do agree that memory settings for the driver seat would make this car complete. (My husband is 6'2") The rear seat is big and the trunk is much larger than the convertible, plus the 60/40m split seat behind that folds down to access the trunk is great for skis or a random trip to the hardware store. It combined my wishes for a sporty looking car with a great luxury car that my husband wanted. It is close to perfect!

Quality, Comfort, and FUN!
By Iris on 11/26/05 19:24 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My first car was an old MGB convertible and I decided at 35 it was time for another convertible. I knew that it was going to be a hard change after becoming used to a four door sedan. When I test drove the Solara I knew I had found the one. There is actually room in the backseat for two tall adults and the trunk is a decent size for my shopping trips to the mall. My favorite part is how the top goes down at the push of a button in less than 15 seconds. The SLE interior is very luxurious and the hidden features of the navigation system (maintenance schedule, calendar, etc.) are very nice. There aren't many around here so people are always asking me what it is and telling me how good it looks.

Absolutely love this car.
By AWS on 11/10/05 12:53 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned three beetle convertibles, two Porsche 911's, a Mercedes E320 Convertible, countless jeep CJ's and wranglers all for the same reason, to enjoy top down motoring. We rented a Solara convertible for a ten day tour of Arizona and bought one immediately. We have enjoyed the car for six months and would not be without one. We can afford to drive whatever we want. We neither want nor covet any other car period. OK, a 911 Turbo Cabriolet would be nice, but we no longer want the care and feeding burden. The value, fun, space and expected reliability of this car make it unbeatable. We are at real motoring peace with this perfect ride in our stable. Rent one for a couple of days

nice ride!!!
By ktrem on 11/07/05 20:23 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first convertible and I love it! The rear headrests are intrusive but you get use to it. I put back-up sensores on the car. It seems to be a bit sluggish from 0-20 mph.

Phenomenal Car, Except...
By kennyd on 11/03/05 23:08 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is fun to drive, primarily with the top down. With the top up it is tough to see anything behind you. But I love the handling, fuel economy, navigation, quality, ease of using the convertible top and the silence when the top is up.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.