2006 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews 7

2006 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Most fun with the top down!
By Utterchaos on 05/30/06 21:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car! It's the best. I have so much fun driving it around. The trunk is huge! My two teen boys fit in the backseat fine. I can't wait for good weather, just so I can ride with the top down. Have only had one problem and that was a bad thermometer. It has HUGE blindspots with the top up, so I have spot mirrors. The car is so much fun, that it outweighs the blindspot.

A Lexus Convertible for a Toyota Price
By mcvg on 05/25/06 21:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I'm very pleased with my Solara. This is a very quiet car with the top up and tons of fun with the top down. The JBL Stereo is outstanding and provides great sound even with the top down on the interstate. I have had the car in for one warranty repair to fix a small rattle, but a very painless experience. I like all the little gadgets on this car, though the fuel mileage estimator usually posts about 3 mpg too high. Overall a wonderful car and great for weekend trips!

First Class Fun & Reliability
By Charles on 05/24/06 10:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my Solara for just about a year now. It's been quite a reliable, enjoyable, auto that looks quite attractive still. The only problem that I've noted is that it is quite difficult to see out the rear passenger window when trying to back out of parking spaces, or merge into traffic. Otherwise, the car is more enjoyable and reliable than I had expected.

STYLISH, ECONOMICAL & FUN TO DRIVE
By Paulette Blackman on 05/23/06 21:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After stating repeatedly that I would never buy a 4-cylinder, two-door car, I fell in love with the Toyota Camry Solara. Having a limited amount to spend and wanting something more econimical than my last car (a 2001 Nissan Maxima SE), I searched the internet, spoke to people and decided to test-drive the Solara (both the 4 & 6 cylinder models). Both my husband and I were more than satisfied with the pick-up and ride the 4-cylinder provided and purchased the car that same day. Although it's difficult for an adult to climb into the back seat, the few occasions I have more than one passenger in the car doesn't warrant another two doors.

My First Toyota - Quality Built Car
By Perfectly Built on 05/22/06 10:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

First the workmanship of this car is perfect.The telescopic steering wheel, the quality stereo system, heated seat, quiet smooth ride, easy operated convertible top to the stylish body makes this a perfect quality car. You cannot even hear this car running.

Wish for better gas mileage
By Belle Jones on 05/18/06 17:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara is a great Camry. Comfortable, good visual fields available. Only one complaint; II can't read the time, temperature outside, etc. on the upper dash. The displays are "hooded" and there is no back light. In the South, we have lots of sunny days so the numbers appear "shadowed" and therefore, not legible. My car is actually a 2004 model but I couldn't change the year model when I filled in the fields. The Solara is my favorite car ...of my lifetime!

2006 solara convertible
By S. Swift on 05/15/06 00:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car has the most interior room of any convertible on the road. We are both very tall and we don't look OVER the windshield. It handles like a dream and my gas mileage is great. I am getting 29.9 average city and hiway combo.

Love It
By Rhonda on 05/09/06 19:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. Fun to drive, great with the top down. It's comfortable, reliable and performs great. Gas mileage is better than my 1998 Camry.

Could Be Better...
By TK on 05/08/06 15:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I like the car overall, but was a little disappointed in the rattles, shakes and blindspot. The rattles and shakes happen mainly over bumpy roads. The blindspot is pretty scary. I LOVE the car with the top down and only like it with the top up. I get lots of compliments at red lights and gas stations but...if I had it to do over, I probably would have spent a little more for the Saab or BMW.

Beautiful, Classy & Fun
By Audrey on 05/03/06 07:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased a 2006 SE V6 3.3L Solara the other day after comparing many vehicles. This car by far is the best out there for the money. I paid $17,500 w/15k on it. The engine is powerful and I am averaging 26 mpg in the city 31 mpg on the freeway. The car is just stunning inside and out. I chose Arctic Frost White w/light tan interior (only offered on SE Model, that is why I chose the SE and not Sport or SLE). Everyone comments on how beautiful and classy the car is. You can't beat Toyota's reputation for quality and reliablity, all while getting a very stylish, sporty looking car. Nothing out there can compete on price.