Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

my Solara
By Fred Sanchez

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Love the car. The visibility factor is of some concern. Car design has a "blind spot" that requires care after a near-miss. Overall, however, a sweetheart.

Handling, nav system, basic layout. Very driver friendly

Eliminate that blind spot

Almost a Lexus
By Dave

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Car drives easily, responds well and has enough power to get around in hilly terrain without effort. A V6 that's less than 2 mpg off the 4 cyl at 30.8 all around total mpg over 7600 miles of city, highway and idling at the mall. Not bad.

My favorite is the auto dim rear view mirrors both in and out. HID headlights are very good also. This car shines for night driving. Steering wheel controls for radio/CD are well done and cruise is nice with its click up, click down at 1 mph increments.

I need more watts in the stereo as I don't hear well anymore. Memory seats would be nice and power seat for the passenger is a must. My next car will have power seat for my wife even if I have to change brands. I almost bought a Mustang GT, but gave up excitement for reliability.

Fun to drive
By Tom LaPorte

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Indeed fun to drive. Handles very well. Some hesitation on acceleration. Would have liked power seat for driver and compass. Overall I like the car for my daily 130 mile commute.

Automatic 5 speed transmission Power for passing Good handling, very little sway in corners. Like the new cruise control

Power for the drivers seat compass rain sensitive wipers

Near perfect, needs a few more items
By Dave Rodham

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Easy driver. Lots of people comforts. I feel safe with airbags everywhere. Stereo should have 100 more watts or my hearing is shot. Wife says her seat has no power controls. My next car will have pass seat controls for wife. Few minor offensive features. Quality is unmatched. Long trips are a breeze. Trunk is sizable but needs dividers. All around good car and our dogs like it as well.

Like the (Pearl) Artic Frost White paint. Good power for a V6. Good gas mileage 30.9 average after 6500 miles. Auto dim mirrors in and out are great. So are HID lights. Night driving is superb. Seats are very comfy. Climate control is excellent once you figure out the overrides.

Needs memory seats (both power) I like the baby blue dash lights, but they clash with the green gage lights. I had 4 Runner with one touch start and miss it on Solara. No ashtray? Need more little storage spaces. Stereo needs a power booster button and XM capabilities.

Awesome!!!
By Solara6

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have has this car for 2 months and have 2000 miles on it and I have to say it is an excellent car!! I paid 20k for it with a power drivers seat, spoiler, and 17-inch rims (from the 06 Avolon XLS)!! The ride is smooth and quite, the interior is sporty with the "silver" trim, and the dash at night is amazing. I get definite power with the 4 cylinder, and if i want more I can drop into a lower gear for more with the electronic shift. You can keep it in manual mode all the time to get optimal power. The looks of the car are amazing, everyone has commented on the style of the car, it is HOT!!!! I wish there were more after market accessories for it though. A great buy for the price!

All of the interior and exterior. The controls on the steering wheel. 35 MPG!!!!

The sound system could be improved, speakers are pretty weak with heavy bass. Dual exhaust should be an option.