Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

I love my car
By Happy driver

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I always needed a car that I was able to have my very tall kids fit in to. Up until a couple of years ago. They are now grown and on their way. Although they are still able to sit in back if they need to. This is my dream car. It has been so much fun driving it, both in the winter and the summer. Living in Wisconsin, even those 60 degree days, we take advantage of the convertible (with the seat heated on of course)! I actually have 3 other freinds that also have purchased the same car, different colors and we all absolutely love it. The performance is great and I feel safe no matter where I am driving.

Favorite Features

The convertible! It was exactly what I was looking for. The seats are very comfortable as is the entire car overall.

Suggested Improvements

I have a hard time seeing the radio/clock information with sunglasses on for some reason.

Mid-Life Crisis Car
By Tina RN

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This was my mid-life crisis purchase - have always wanted a convertible, so I went for it. The "shake" in the car when you hit the slightest bump worried me at first but then I realized it was normal for a convertible. Everyone stares when we drive by with the top down. My best friend and I always just say "they want to be us!" Everyone in my family hates the car because I always want the top down, but that was the point!! I have 1400 miles on it, leased it (first time - scared to death about that) but am thinking about trading on an Avalon Limited. I know I will miss my relaxing evening drives...I researched every convertible. This one was the best I found - go for it!

Favorite Features

Mine is red and it is simply a head- turner. Ease of putting top down. Steering wheel controls. Good storage. Comfortable seating for four adults. Good stereo. Fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Front windshield keeps film on it during evening drives. Poor back visibility. Fold down rear headrests needed. Water gets all over seats after rain or car wash when you open door - need a lip or something there. Back up camera and Wind screen should bestandard! Illuminated "top down" & "all" button

Wobbles
By Frank

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent overall except for front end and windshield "wobbles" when driving over bumps or uneven pavement. Dealer said it was a design deficiency. Toyota can't fix the problem.

Suggested Improvements

Re-design front end to stablize the car and eliminate un-wanted "wobbling"

OK but not great
By bluewaterbill

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very good looking and comfortable. Navigation system is poor. Cannot use features when car is moving, i.e. change anything. Need to stop the car. Major flaw is that the chassis shakes like hell when going over bumps, cowl shake. Even the rear view mirror shakes. Dealer says convertibles do that. I've had many previous ones and never experienced this before.

Favorite Features

Smooth engine.

Suggested Improvements

They need to change the background lights on the temp, clock, and driver info gauges. Black on green is difficult to see in most lighting situations.

Great to drive in luxury
By Charlie

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Exremely quiet and it handles like a sports car. Gas mileage is superb for the size and power it exhibits. I hesitated about trading in my 2005 Prius but after the first day of driving this machine I forgot all about the Prius. (If I could afford it I would still own a Prius as well.) This vehicle is the best I have driven on long trips. The seats are like sitting in a recliner in my living room. The gas mileage difference is worth the extra cost (from my Prius) to drive my Solara.

Favorite Features

Radio, comfort of the seats, seat control positions, trunk space, exterior design is an eye stopper.

Suggested Improvements

Need to have the convertible top power button and the power window buttons illuminated. Would like to have the dimming mirror on this model. Could use some more storage compartments in the front passenger area.