2006 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Great to drive in luxury
By Charlie on 08/25/06 19:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Exremely quiet and it handles like a sports car. Gas mileage is superb for the size and power it exhibits. I hesitated about trading in my 2005 Prius but after the first day of driving this machine I forgot all about the Prius. (If I could afford it I would still own a Prius as well.) This vehicle is the best I have driven on long trips. The seats are like sitting in a recliner in my living room. The gas mileage difference is worth the extra cost (from my Prius) to drive my Solara.

Awesome Solara
By Rob Charland on 08/18/06 13:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have just purchased this vehicle used and never would have thought that I would buy an imported vehicle! My last 20 cars were all "Big Three" manufactured and they had more than their share of problems. I have only heard good things about Toyotas so I figured I would buy one to see for myself. I intend to keep this vehicle for approx. 15 years and have been told by other Toyota owners and mechanics that it will go longer than 15 years if maintained properly!

Excellent family convertible!!
By Donna R on 08/15/06 03:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is so much fun!! It holds 4 adults comfortably, rides smooth, gas mileage 22.6. The heated leather allows the roof to be open in even cooler weather.

Cowl shake
By bluewater bill on 08/12/06 18:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We have 2500 miles on our convertible. It is a very nice and well behaved car. Our major compaint is cowl shake. Going over a bump makes the whole car shake. I have reviewed other reviews and have not found this to be a current problem but got mention back as late as 2004, but I thought this was thing of the past.

2006 Convert.
By Barry on 08/09/06 14:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd convertible in 8 years and without a doubt the best. I went from a Chrysler Sebring to a SAAB 9-7. More room inside, better looking on the outside. Very quiet with top up, you forget that you are driving a convertible.

Pick something else
By jill on 08/03/06 08:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is decent but with all of the blind spots it's not reliable for someone who is short like me. Plus the seats go out too far. I have only had the car a year and I'm already looking at trading it in. It's not for me. I hope some else has better luck.

Get your own
By Jim on 07/30/06 19:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have 1100 miles on my new Solara and it is a dream to drive. Handles like a luxury car and performs likes a sports car. It is elegant, and has beautiful lines. I especially like the controls on the steering wheel, you never have to take your eyes off of the road. Makes the 140 mile daily commute pretty easy, lots of great comments on looks.

A Most Excellent Car
By David on 07/25/06 16:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is not only the first convertible I've ever owned but it's my first actual new car. After exhaustive research prior to buying I have to say that I am completely thrilled with the Solara. Fun to drive, hip and showy to look at and I know I can count on the Toyota quality. People mistake it for a Lexus constantly at first glance. When I drive it I can actually feel myself relaxing and unwinding on the way home from work. I couldn't have made a better choice! Black-on-black 2006 Solara Convertible SLE.

Great Choice
By Patricia on 07/24/06 11:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this car in May of 2006, trading in my 4 year old, gas guzzling SUV. Wasn't sure how I would adjust to a smaller vehicle but I LOVE IT! This car goes to the beach almost every weekend and receives stares every time. Parking is much easier than in my previous auto and the car drives great. I recommend it to everyone!

It's like heaven
By GreyGoose9631 on 07/19/06 08:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

In one word, Awesome. This is by far the best car I have ever owned. This is my first Toyota, and unless things take a turn for the rest, I will definitely be back to buy another. I have just over 4k miles, so far no rattles or any complaints or problems. If there was one thing I could change, it would be the stereo. I cannot play MP3 formatted cds and I think the sound quality could be improved. I am hesitant about making any investments because I did lease this car, but it is still a thought. For the price, this is the perfect coupe.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.