Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry-solara - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Don't be afraid to dream
By Barb

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car on my 50th birthday. I was looking for a convertible which would go in the snow, have enough trunk room to carry my families groceries, have more than two people in the car and make me feel like a kid again. This car has it all. One summer day with the top down and the fantastic factory stereo turned up to a favorite song of the 70's, I felt like a 16 yr old in my dad's car. I don't think any other car could give me that. The only complaint, if it is one, is that on cold days going over some bumps the window glass seems to creak until it gets warm. The car looks like a more expensive and exotic model without the price tag. A hybrid model would have been perfect.

Favorite Features

Convertible and stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Hybrid model.

The Perfect Convetible
By Flyboy

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

As a retired commercial aircraft mechanic, I think I know quality when I see it. Having worked on Boeing aircraft and Rolls Royce engines for thirty five years, engineering and mechanical excellence has arrived on the automotive scene. For 30k, no other convertible comes close. This car is a dream to drive. It's handeling is remarkable for a convertible chassis and suspension system. It has plenty of torque and accelerates quietly and effortlessly. Top up or down, theres very little road noise, and the trunk holds four golf bags! Test drive one, you'll love it.

Favorite Features

Drivers seat. Engine almost completly quiet. Turning radius excellent.

Suggested Improvements

Control buttons for roof/top and windows should be illuminated.Window up down controls should be illuminated Drivers seat should have memory settings for two drivers

Absolute Elegance
By ksanmart

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Car is luxurious both inside and out. Ride is very smooth and cushiony. Back seats are full sized and comfortable for passengers. Styling is beautiful and car has been extremely reliable so far. Automatic convertible room is a snap to open and close. Convertible boot (cover) is stylish although tedious to install. Gas mileage is good for such a large car - about 23 mpg average when doing city and highway driving combined. Acceleration is smooth and pick-up is more than adequate.

Favorite Features

Styling, ride, and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Car has extreme rear blind spot when roof is up and very long rear end. It's hard to judge distance from objects behind. Toyota should install a dinging headlight reminder and a better locking gas cover so it doesn't flap in wind when not closed properly. Better gas mileage would be a plus.

Love it
By aj

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Solara a little over a year and I just love it. It's so much quieter than my previous convertible. It handles great and the engine has just enough pep to keep my happy but not enough to get me into trouble. I highly recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a good balance between fun and functional.

Favorite Features

Ease of top down, of course. Good sized trunk space and back seat compared to other convertibles. Love the seat warmers, too.

Suggested Improvements

Be very careful backing up because of the blind spot. Would not deter me from purchasing the car again.

The Red Dream
By JAC

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is truly fun to drive, rides quiet and so smooth. I bought it as a second car, but am having trouble leaving it in the garage. It's design and look attract everyone but when they have a chance to ride in it that sells it that much more...and even though it's a convertible it surprisingly quiet with a nice sound system.

Favorite Features

Smooth - quiet and sharp.

Suggested Improvements

Sound speakers in the back.