Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Just love it!
By Ben

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought my Toyota Solara SE V6, and I am very pleased. I had a hard time finding a car that I wanted, and the more I drive it, the more I love it. The cabin is super quiet with little road, engine or wind noise. Makes those long drives very relaxing. I love having the extra power when I need it. If you buy a Camry, buy the V6, because I found the four cyl to be less responsive. Styling is beautiful! Great car, for a great price.

Favorite Features

Wonderful Stability. automatic 5-speed V6 engine, comfort, amazingly quiet and smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Visibility takes some adjusting too. The seats could slide back a bit more, but is still roomy enough. Trunk door seems a little flimsy when closing, but I can live with that.

Awesome Solara
By Rob Charland

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have just purchased this vehicle used and never would have thought that I would buy an imported vehicle! My last 20 cars were all "Big Three" manufactured and they had more than their share of problems. I have only heard good things about Toyotas so I figured I would buy one to see for myself. I intend to keep this vehicle for approx. 15 years and have been told by other Toyota owners and mechanics that it will go longer than 15 years if maintained properly!

Favorite Features

Where to begin... the A/C is so cold that I can't leave it on all the time as it gets too cold! I love the manual shift auto transmission feature and also the 4 wheel disc brakes. All in all a well designed automobile.

Get your own
By Jim

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have 1100 miles on my new Solara and it is a dream to drive. Handles like a luxury car and performs likes a sports car. It is elegant, and has beautiful lines. I especially like the controls on the steering wheel, you never have to take your eyes off of the road. Makes the 140 mile daily commute pretty easy, lots of great comments on looks.

Favorite Features

Styling, hands free radio control, auto headlights, looks like fairly good gas mileage for a six - 31mpg highway.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth option, fisheye spot mirrors on the regular mirrors from the factory would help with the blind spots (lucky me I drove a truck and know how to use mirrors). A few more watts for the radio. Overall nice car.

It's like heaven
By GreyGoose9631

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

In one word, Awesome. This is by far the best car I have ever owned. This is my first Toyota, and unless things take a turn for the rest, I will definitely be back to buy another. I have just over 4k miles, so far no rattles or any complaints or problems. If there was one thing I could change, it would be the stereo. I cannot play MP3 formatted cds and I think the sound quality could be improved. I am hesitant about making any investments because I did lease this car, but it is still a thought. For the price, this is the perfect coupe.

Favorite Features

The body lines. I have the Sport Edition, which has the added ground effects and 17" alloys (chrome would look better). I still grin when I stand back and look at this car. Everybody that has talked to me or rode in the car pays it nothing but compliments.

Suggested Improvements

The stereo. In one word, Simple. I expected it would have a lot more features and maybe a few more speakers? This is the only upgrade I wish I would have selected.

Should've got the V6
By RossP

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Been a Toyo Man since 84. Bought this Solara as soon as it came out. Int/Ext styling sets this car apart. I just went to buy a new Camry for the wife and she said she'll keep her Solara. I'm 6'4" so the headroom is a litte tight w/the sunroof, so I have to recline the seat a little more than I want to which makes driving not as enjoyable. Great value for the money, handles well, the 4's nice but go for the V6. Even after 12K miles car rides like new, no rattles and very quiet.

Favorite Features

Standard stereo is awesome.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a change holder.