2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Consumer Reviews 3

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Wish for better gas mileage
By Belle Jones on 05/18/06 17:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara is a great Camry. Comfortable, good visual fields available. Only one complaint; II can't read the time, temperature outside, etc. on the upper dash. The displays are "hooded" and there is no back light. In the South, we have lots of sunny days so the numbers appear "shadowed" and therefore, not legible. My car is actually a 2004 model but I couldn't change the year model when I filled in the fields. The Solara is my favorite car ...of my lifetime!

Beautiful, Classy & Fun
By Audrey on 05/03/06 07:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased a 2006 SE V6 3.3L Solara the other day after comparing many vehicles. This car by far is the best out there for the money. I paid $17,500 w/15k on it. The engine is powerful and I am averaging 26 mpg in the city 31 mpg on the freeway. The car is just stunning inside and out. I chose Arctic Frost White w/light tan interior (only offered on SE Model, that is why I chose the SE and not Sport or SLE). Everyone comments on how beautiful and classy the car is. You can't beat Toyota's reputation for quality and reliablity, all while getting a very stylish, sporty looking car. Nothing out there can compete on price.

'06 Solara
By jashrt on 04/24/06 12:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Very enjoyable to drive. I like very much not seeing a lot of Solara on the road. While driving on the freeway at about 70MPH a truck in front of me lost part of its load. I had to make a quick move to the emergency lane and back on the road the car handle great!

Red 06 Solara
By solara32 on 04/23/06 22:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car with every conceivable option 96 airbags, VSC, heated seats, etc) available except navigation. The ride is comfortable, and despite the sloping rear visibility is good. The V6 makes the car a little heavier compared with my old 4 cylinder Solara. The headrests for the rear passengers are a nice touch. The leather is soft and comfortable, and the heated seats nicely warm the body slowly. All controls are intuitive and easy to use, even the automatic climate control.

Go for it!
By Solman6 on 03/25/06 18:07 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

If you were concerned about a 4 cyl. being underpowered don't be! I have no trouble with hesitation or merging onto highways or passing for that matter. I am 6ft 1" tall and the leg room is okay but headroom is obtained by tilting the seat back and making up the difference with the tilt telescopic wheel, if you are tall go for long test drive to be sure of comfort level. I put a full size spare in the trunk, no temporary tire for this long haul commuter, so be warned the well is too shallow for a full size tire requiring extension of hold down bolt and modification of well cover to accomodate it. Radio is adequate but nothing special, Gas mileage is great at 30 mpg average. Overall nice car!

my Solara
By Fred Sanchez on 02/28/06 18:46 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Love the car. The visibility factor is of some concern. Car design has a "blind spot" that requires care after a near-miss. Overall, however, a sweetheart.

Almost a Lexus
By Dave on 02/27/06 14:33 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Car drives easily, responds well and has enough power to get around in hilly terrain without effort. A V6 that's less than 2 mpg off the 4 cyl at 30.8 all around total mpg over 7600 miles of city, highway and idling at the mall. Not bad.

Fun to drive
By Tom LaPorte on 02/22/06 07:49 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Indeed fun to drive. Handles very well. Some hesitation on acceleration. Would have liked power seat for driver and compass. Overall I like the car for my daily 130 mile commute.

Near perfect, needs a few more items
By Dave Rodham on 02/20/06 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Easy driver. Lots of people comforts. I feel safe with airbags everywhere. Stereo should have 100 more watts or my hearing is shot. Wife says her seat has no power controls. My next car will have pass seat controls for wife. Few minor offensive features. Quality is unmatched. Long trips are a breeze. Trunk is sizable but needs dividers. All around good car and our dogs like it as well.

Awesome!!!
By Solara6 on 02/11/06 16:32 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have has this car for 2 months and have 2000 miles on it and I have to say it is an excellent car!! I paid 20k for it with a power drivers seat, spoiler, and 17-inch rims (from the 06 Avolon XLS)!! The ride is smooth and quite, the interior is sporty with the "silver" trim, and the dash at night is amazing. I get definite power with the 4 cylinder, and if i want more I can drop into a lower gear for more with the electronic shift. You can keep it in manual mode all the time to get optimal power. The looks of the car are amazing, everyone has commented on the style of the car, it is HOT!!!! I wish there were more after market accessories for it though. A great buy for the price!