Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Great with the top down only
By murphydurphy

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the car during the summer months. Should have driven the car with the top up. Impossible to see on the sides. I hate driving at night due to the terrible blind spots. We have owned other convertibles never had blind spots as bad as this Camry. With the top down it's great. But we live in the Midwest so the top is not down a whole lot. I hope Toyota works on the blind spot problems. If anyone test drives this car they need to drive with the top up as well as down. Be careful. I have almost cut off many people due to the blind spots. Added the little round mirrors on the side mirrors to help with this problem. Most likely would not buy another Camry convert.

seats are comfortable, ride is nice on long trips

rear view, and side view

Great car but MAJOR blind spots
By Votch1

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I leased this car in May 2005 (2006 model) and was impressed with the ride, acceleration, and quietness. I guess I should have driven a little more with the top up for the test drive. Top- down driving is pure pleasure! Top-up is challenging due to the large rear headrests (cannot remove) and the large c-pillars. One quickly learns to drive using only the side mirrors. I have had MANY close-calls cutting people off because I could not see them beside me or slightly behind. Backing up will require putting your head out the driver's window to look back. Mechanical & build quality are PERFECT!

Engine power. Quiet with top up. Comfortable seats. Toyota reliability!

Rear window visibility!!!!!!

Sweet Car
By Gene

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drive long distances and this car gets fantastic gas mileage, is comfortable, quiet, and fun to drive. I have the 2.4L and was surprised with the power. It gets 30-32mpg on the highway consistently. We love the ride quality and comfort. It gets lots of compliments wherever we go.

Ride quality, quiet, power, styling, rock solid reliability.

None.

Five Years of Driving Pleasure
By TN Engineer

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the first 2004 Solara to arrive in this area, and enjoyed it greatly until it perished in a collision. We sought an exact duplicate as fast as we could. The replacement 2006 model has served us well for over 36,000 miles with no repairs at all. We have received many compliments on its appearance (red with black interior), and it is quiet and smooth at highway speeds. The trunk is large and the front seats are very comfortable. The only small complaint I have is the transmissions reluctance to downshift quickly after my wife has been driving the car slowly around town. This can be re-set by gassing the car from a stop several times, and it will "learn" to downshift quicker.

The top-down cruising is great. Reliable and practical in every day use.

Rear visibility needs improvement, and a rear view camera should be an option. A "sport" mode for the transmission to allow quicker downshifts would cure the hesitation from a dead stop.

Fun, Hot Car
By Shirley Sawyer

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have thoroughly enjoyed my Solara Convertible. Whenever I drive it with the top down, without fail, I get a positive comment from someone in a parking lot or at a stop light. I love the great take off power and the bonus of good gas mileage. Coming from the era of fabulous "muscle cars" consider it high praise for my "Hot" Solara. Anyone who wants a fun, reliable car the Toyota Solara convertible is a great choice!

I absolutely love my color combination - red exterior and camel leather interior and top.

There's got to be a better design option for the back seat head rests. They block the view in the rear view mirror.

• SUV