Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
My 2006 Solara Convertible
By Sam Bonasoro

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am very happy with the car overall. There are two areas that I would like to see improved. First of all, I would have liked the car to have more power. I think a car with more horsepower as an option with dual exhaust would reach more of your client base. The other issue is lack of sight out of the real window. In addition to the small window size the permanent headrests block too much of the vision through the rear window. I had even gone to the dealership to see if they could be removed and they said they were permanent. I am totally unhappy with the poor vision and if I had thought about it, I wouldn't have purchased the car. Fit, finish, handling and design is great.

Favorite Features

Navigation, serious radio, leather seats very nice.

Suggested Improvements

Remove or change style of rear headrests as well as increase the size of the rear window in the convertible. Offer a larger motor as an option and add dual exhaust. Also change the location of the trunk release.

Blind Spot
By Debbie

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

So far the only negative thing I have to say about the Solara is the blind spot. Quite frankly I'm surprised more people have not mentioned this problem. I even had my 21 yr old daughter take the car to a trip to Orlando and she came back stating that she'll never drive it again due to the blind spot. I've had other convertables and have never noticed a blind spot. I am never quite sure that I am in the clear when I change lanes!! This problem could cause me to sell earlier than I would want to.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Improve design to eliminate such a large blind spot...Move the bottons for the convertable and all windows down to be in view.

great car for a great price
By mluu510

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

i got mine for $18.1k plus tax/etc. i love it so far. although, i think my radio atenna is malfunctioning. i love the seats! they're very confortable and sporty. the 07 model is definitely better. they have nice upgrades like HID headlights, LED tailights and mp3 player but i got the 06 model at a big discount.

Favorite Features

awesome sport seats, auto headlights and information display cluster.

Suggested Improvements

hid headlights, led tailights, mp3 player, auxiliary audio-in and auto wipers. more metalic/graphite accents.

Hoped For Better
By Mark

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I find this vehicle to be a pig on fuel and underpowered at that. The car is fun to drive because of the conv. top but lacks in stereo quality and the navigation system has a mind of its own. At times the nav. is very annoying, but all in all a fun car. The tires are low profile on 17' wheels and they cut the moment you touch a curb.

Favorite Features

the wind screen when driving with the top down makes the drive more enjoyable.

Suggested Improvements

use stronger tires, more powerful stereo system with better speakers, more power fuel efficient engine and design an easier to use navigation system.

Problems
By mad

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

i have had my car almost for 5 years and in the three months i have had to take it because of the engine light coming on. 400.00 for a new sensor and right now waiting to see what s wrong this time. Toyotas used to last for 150,000 miles or more but this is crazy my car is maintenanced regularly and this is what i get. never never again will i purchase a Toyota

Suggested Improvements

hire people who really know how to build cars that wont kill and fall apart.