2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
My 2006 Solara Convertible
By Sam Bonasoro on 06/26/07 07:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am very happy with the car overall. There are two areas that I would like to see improved. First of all, I would have liked the car to have more power. I think a car with more horsepower as an option with dual exhaust would reach more of your client base. The other issue is lack of sight out of the real window. In addition to the small window size the permanent headrests block too much of the vision through the rear window. I had even gone to the dealership to see if they could be removed and they said they were permanent. I am totally unhappy with the poor vision and if I had thought about it, I wouldn't have purchased the car. Fit, finish, handling and design is great.

A Little Disappointing
By convertible guy on 02/06/07 13:38 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Solara in August, and was having a blast putting the top down. At first, I thought it was the car for me! But when I figured out all of the problems, I decided otherwise. After two months, I kept getting water leakage in the interior. Now, I knew there would probably be a little bit considering it was a convertible, but I didn't know there would be drips and runs of water every time I washed it or drove it in the rain! Also, there is a significant blind spot in the rear! I don't feel very comfortable driving it not knowing who's behind me. I think that they should make the rear window larger like the old style of Solara.

A Joy to Drive
By sdallenhou on 01/03/07 06:49 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've never enjoyed a vehicle as much as I've enjoyed this one. The styling and layout are perfect, and the handling is smooth. The navigation system is more difficult to learn than I thought it would be. There are a couple of visibility problems. First, there is a wide blind spot with the roof up - good luck backing out of a parking space. Second, the top of the windshield hits just so that I can't see traffic lights if I'm first in line. Other than those two flaws, this is the perfect vehicle. I drove a 2006 Solara I4 coupe for several months and replaced it with the SLE convertible and am thrilled that I did. Gas mileage isn't as good on the V6, but it is much more enjoyable!

Solara, A Great Touring Convertible
By Michael Byrnes on 11/15/06 13:59 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle for the Toyota name and because I didn't want a small convertible. It was recommended by Consumer Reports as well. The other mid size convertibles were either too "old' looking to me or too pricey. This vehicle allows us to bring two or three friends along. The 2006 Solara has a very smooth ride, stability and traction control, the seating is great, it's very comfortable getting in and out, and it's a pleasure on the open road, top down. There is almost no detectable engine noise. In fact the only flaw is at low speeds, 15 to 30 mph, when the gas and the transmission seem to resist acceleration enough to make it feel like its dragging before it kicks in and leaps forward.

Best Convertible Ever!
By captnben on 11/07/06 19:40 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Number one for comfort, quietness, design, inside and out, easy and fun to drive and can't wait for spring.

Don't be afraid to dream
By Barb on 10/18/06 07:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car on my 50th birthday. I was looking for a convertible which would go in the snow, have enough trunk room to carry my families groceries, have more than two people in the car and make me feel like a kid again. This car has it all. One summer day with the top down and the fantastic factory stereo turned up to a favorite song of the 70's, I felt like a 16 yr old in my dad's car. I don't think any other car could give me that. The only complaint, if it is one, is that on cold days going over some bumps the window glass seems to creak until it gets warm. The car looks like a more expensive and exotic model without the price tag. A hybrid model would have been perfect.

The Perfect Convetible
By Flyboy on 09/29/06 16:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

As a retired commercial aircraft mechanic, I think I know quality when I see it. Having worked on Boeing aircraft and Rolls Royce engines for thirty five years, engineering and mechanical excellence has arrived on the automotive scene. For 30k, no other convertible comes close. This car is a dream to drive. It's handeling is remarkable for a convertible chassis and suspension system. It has plenty of torque and accelerates quietly and effortlessly. Top up or down, theres very little road noise, and the trunk holds four golf bags! Test drive one, you'll love it.

Absolute Elegance
By ksanmart on 09/27/06 06:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Car is luxurious both inside and out. Ride is very smooth and cushiony. Back seats are full sized and comfortable for passengers. Styling is beautiful and car has been extremely reliable so far. Automatic convertible room is a snap to open and close. Convertible boot (cover) is stylish although tedious to install. Gas mileage is good for such a large car - about 23 mpg average when doing city and highway driving combined. Acceleration is smooth and pick-up is more than adequate.

Love it
By aj on 09/25/06 18:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Solara a little over a year and I just love it. It's so much quieter than my previous convertible. It handles great and the engine has just enough pep to keep my happy but not enough to get me into trouble. I highly recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a good balance between fun and functional.

The Red Dream
By JAC on 09/19/06 20:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is truly fun to drive, rides quiet and so smooth. I bought it as a second car, but am having trouble leaving it in the garage. It's design and look attract everyone but when they have a chance to ride in it that sells it that much more...and even though it's a convertible it surprisingly quiet with a nice sound system.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.