2006 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Former Mustang Driver
By ex-Mustang driver on 06/12/05 08:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Toyota Solara is an exceptionally fun car to drive. With over 30 years of experience driving only standard transmission vehicles, I love the clutchless transmission which gives me the capability of shifting on winding roads or when I want quicker acceleration.

Best convertible under 35K
By louella on 06/10/05 21:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love it!! The only thing I don't like is removing the top cover and where to store it. Putting it back on is a pain! But it's still worth it!

Toyota Solara convertible
By robert o. ford on 06/10/05 15:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 2004 Mustang convertible for this 2006 solara convertible... absolutely no comparison, with Toyota superior ride, roominess, instrument clarity and sight appearance.... overall satisfaction on this change is undaunted. This is a keeper car.

Fun In The Sun
By Ed Levy on 06/10/05 12:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have found my Toyota Solara convertible to be a very satisfying automobile. Converting it to an open car takes slightly less than 10 seconds. The top and the four windows all go down with the touch of one button. The button, unfortunately, is partially hidden behind the steering column and cannot be seen easily. A minor criticism -- but it's difficult to fault the car. The ride and quietness feel like a much more expensive car. Especially the quietness which is unusual for a convertible -- and is greatly appreciated. I have driven the car 5,000 miles with absolutely no adjustments or service required. I have owned many new cars and this Solara ranks with the best. At it's price, it is a bargain.

Definite Eye Catcher
By Bob on 06/08/05 12:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My SLE convertible is silver with the black top and when people see it coming they take a second look due to the styling. I have the navigation system along with the XM radio and the car is fun to drive around town and the open road. The car is quiet with the top up or down. I previoulsy owned a Sebring Limited convertible but it can't come close to the ride and over all performance of the SLE. Take a test drive and you will see how this car is the best convertible for the money.

2006 solara convertible
By Kim Einhorn on 06/06/05 13:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased this car. Previous car was also a solara convertible. Can not say enough good things about this vehicle.It is by far the best purchase for the amount of money you pay. It drives like a lexus, very quiet on the highway. Apleasure to drive on the highway as well as in the city. Great pickup.

Best thing ever purchased
By brittany on 06/04/05 23:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is my first new car and it is a blast to drive. I love the smooth turn and the way the road floats beneath the car. I go everywhere in this car from quick errands to the night out with the girls.

The perfect blend
By hknajjar on 06/04/05 08:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I was told this is a "niche" car, but then again, aren't all convertibles are niche cars? The Solara Convertible offers the perfect blend in a 4 seater convertible. While this is may not be a true sports car (touted as a con in articles), for those looking for the drop top experience with room for more than 2, there is no equal. It's exilerating to drive top up or down, it has excellent insulation in the top so road noise is minimal.The luxurious interior makes you feel like you're driving a Lexus.

The Best Lookin' Convertible On the Road
By David Rifkin on 06/01/05 18:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a "dream". It looks great and drives even better. The style is a class act. Everything about this vehicle says "wow!" It seats 4 adults very comfortably and even is fine with three kids in the back. It handles well with no vibration like many convertibles; because of the lack of support near the windshield. This car drives solid. I have owned Toyotas for the past 20 years and this one is, by far, my favorite.

Elegant
By Monday on 05/29/05 21:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've grown out of raucus rides, so this is a very quiet change. It might just be the perfect daily driver. Maybe not the fastest, but no other coupe in its range can match its overall elegance,. That goes double for the "base" SE. Nice surprise: the Four-cylinder with the 5-speed Automatic is not unlike a smooth, small 6 in the mid-range (once the Variable Timing gets going), and I'm getting 32 MPG so far to boot (according to the well-placed mileage guage). The dedicated manual sequential shift mode (all 5 speeds) even makes you feel like Shumacher (Ralf, if not Michael), complete with the numerical display in the dash. I'm older, but not TOO old, and this fits the bill almost exactly

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.