Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Wow what a winner
By DJE

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I always thought a convertible would not be practical in day to day living. Boy was I wrong... driving this car makes errands more fun and they seem to go quicker. I am looking for more reasons to drive every day. The back seat is extremely roomy and was easily able to accommodate even a six foot friend with ease. I thought I would tire of a convertible after a year and now I am thinking why didn't I do it sooner!

Favorite Features

Heated seats, sirius radio in dash, interior design, head turning body style despite what the critics say. people stop and talk to me about the car eveywhere I go.

Suggested Improvements

There is a visibility issue when backing up. I wish the console locked. I would like the heated seats to have variable settings. I would like the side storage panels to open for easier access.

Love this car!
By CalifJan

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my '06 for over 6 mths and I love it. It is a fun and sporty car to drive yet has all the amenities of a luxury car. I like the radio control on the steering wheel and all the little features Toyota put on this car. The only negative is when the top is up there is a huge blind site when trying to look out the back window. Other than that, it is a great car.

Favorite Features

The ease of the top going up and down and the radio control on the steering wheel

Suggested Improvements

Make it easier to see out the back when the top is up

Awesome for the Money
By G.C. Sekaran

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car for the money. It is spacious and and the leather seats are comfortable. The 6 Disc CD system is great. I'm very happy with it. I don't know why people are complaining about the looks? I'm glad I chose this over the cramped 2 seat roadsters. I can go long distance without having to sacrifice luggage.

Favorite Features

Great looks, Toyotal Reliability, Awesome Sound System and great gas mileage so far.

Suggested Improvements

Rear visibility. I wish the head rest in the rear seat cold be removed.

Love my ragtop
By lori

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

First new car I have ever purchased. Totally pleased with the comfort, performance, ride, gas mileage, and stereo. Extremely quiet, for a convertible, and love driving with the roof down. Thoroughly enjoying my new car.

Favorite Features

Stereo, heated seats, leather interior, and quality of the interior features.

Suggested Improvements

Boot is very hard to put on. When it rains, can't OPEN the windows. Terrible feature. Definite blind spots.

Top Down Fun
By topgear1

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Simply, this is the nicest four passenger convertible available that is reasonably priced. It is wonderful to drive and to be seen in. It handles very well & takes road bumps with ease. I do love the DVD Navigation! I'm not in love with the transmission as it seems to take it's time when shifting sometimes. But, the mileage isn't too bad. Bottom line - great car!

Favorite Features

Top down driving, looks great. It's a Toyota - what more can I say?

Suggested Improvements

Rear view with the top up could be a little better. Power passenger seats would be nice, also.