2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
The perfect blend
By hknajjar on 06/04/05 08:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I was told this is a "niche" car, but then again, aren't all convertibles are niche cars? The Solara Convertible offers the perfect blend in a 4 seater convertible. While this is may not be a true sports car (touted as a con in articles), for those looking for the drop top experience with room for more than 2, there is no equal. It's exilerating to drive top up or down, it has excellent insulation in the top so road noise is minimal.The luxurious interior makes you feel like you're driving a Lexus.

The Best Lookin' Convertible On the Road
By David Rifkin on 06/01/05 18:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a "dream". It looks great and drives even better. The style is a class act. Everything about this vehicle says "wow!" It seats 4 adults very comfortably and even is fine with three kids in the back. It handles well with no vibration like many convertibles; because of the lack of support near the windshield. This car drives solid. I have owned Toyotas for the past 20 years and this one is, by far, my favorite.

Happy to own a Solara
By Lisa on 05/28/05 17:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Have had great fun with this car - Owned a Toyola Celica convertible for 10+ years. When I decided it was time for a new vehicle (my old Toyota is doing great and a friend bought it from me) I looked at cars $25K more expensive. In the end, I decided the Solara had just the right mix of good looks, fun and reliability at the right price. I have been very happy with it, and have people regularly stop to tell me what a nice looking car it is....I couldnt be happier.

LOVE IT
By Kycelyn on 05/27/05 15:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love the exterior design. Just looks sharp. Huge truck space for a convertible and smooth ride. Great warranty and I got a great deal. Comfortable too! Just a fun car to drive.

Fantastic Car to Drive
By Bob on 05/27/05 12:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car to drive. Very comfortable to ride in both front and back. The navigation system is great to use on a trip and the XM radio makes the drive fun listening to music with no commercials. Silver with the black top and dark grey leather is an eye catcher. Definitely can say this car is worth the money.

2006 SLE Convertible
By JayAre on 05/27/05 11:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent "road tripper". Very easy to raise and lower top. Excellent cockpit layout. Satellite radio a must. VSC also a must. Environmentals are excellent (a/c//heated seats) Exterior design: car resembles the Lexus Coupe - gets many second looks. Performance: good acceleration and passing response. Passenger comfort: very good all seats Trunk capacity: impressive - golf bag plus two duffels fit easily Fuel consumption: a bit off the EPA estimates Brakes: excellent Don't likes: owner's manual/dealer recommendation to wash the car by hand installing the tonneau (convertible top) cover - tedious and definitely not a quick donning item

THE BEST CONVERTIBLE ON THE MARKET
By Laura on 05/21/05 08:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Solara convertible. There is none better on the market. I have two kids and wanted a fun car to have as an option to my suburban, but wanted my children to be comfortable in the back seat. Just about every other convertible on the market has such a small back seat that my kids would have to remove their legs to fit into it! The best part about the Solara is that it is a truly EXCELLENT automobile, not just great to look at. I've had every great car you can own... Mercedes SL500, Jaguar XJ12, Porche 911, etc... This car is my FAVORITE of them all.

Great Car!
By 4HER on 05/20/05 11:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car for my wife. She had been looking at Sebrings. We have about 1500 miles on it so far and love it! It's smooth, stylish, and fun to drive. It's not an exotic sports car, but for running around in, it's a great car. We get alot of positive looks and comments. After driving both the Sebring and the Solara, there was no question which was the tighter, more responsive car. I'm suprised that there aren't more on the road because at virtually the same price point, it's clearly the better buy.

Great Car!
By jazzman1 on 05/11/05 22:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just sold my 2001 Ford Mustang and bought a red SE convertible. The seats are so much more convertible, great reliability, great look, and fun in the sun. I am now hooked on Toyotas and I have only had the car two weeks.

Fun
By DMC on 05/10/05 21:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The car has been a lot of fun to drive, love putting the top down. But even with the top up Iím surprised at how quiet it is in the car. The only thing that is questionable is its cornering ability. It feels like it wants to break loose when going thru s curves at higher then legal speed. But all and all handles just great for every day driving.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.