Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

I am spoiled!
By Lairg

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the funnest car I have ever owned. Love the top down year round in Florida. It looks like money without being out of the average person's price range.

Favorite Features

Quick down top, optional shifting with an automatic transmission, large trunk, back seat leg room.

Suggested Improvements

Rear visibility with the top up. Driver memory option on the seat. Otherwise this car is perfect!!!

Love my SLE Convertible
By JLB

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I ordered my SLE convertible in June 2005, and it arrived in October 2005. I wanted the ground effects and the only way I could get it on an SLE was to order it from the factory. The car is great to drive and now that spring is almost here, I'll enjoy it even more. I get lots of compliments whenever I drive it. The exterior design is sexy, but not too over the top. I've wanted a convertible for many years, and I'm glad I waited to buy this one. For the price, quality, and reliability, you can't go wrong buying a Solara.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the satellite navigation system, XM radio, and climate control. I love how easy it is to let the top down. The back seat is full size and two adults can ride on long trips in comfort. Letting the top down does not take away from the trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

I've seen other reviews that mentioned body quiver. It happens on my SLE on rough roads, but it's a minor nuisance. It's hard seeing out the rear with the huge headrests, but once you get used to them, it's no problem. A backup camera would be great. A permanent covertible boot should be added.

SLE Solara
By Earl

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Quietest convertible that I have ever owned. Very low wind noise with the top up. Motor is very quiet, have to watch the tach sometimes to see if it is running. Top goes up and down easily.

Favorite Features

Good storage compartment for cell phones and junk up front and a double drawer jockey box. Good trunk space for a convertible.

Suggested Improvements

Very limited visibility to the rear when the top is up. Rear head restraints block even more view. I suggest they fold down when not in use.

Great car... but
By J. Zito

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara Convertible is a well built, nicely styled car. The interior is both beautiful and functional, while the exterior is eye catching. Road noise and bumps are well isolated.

Favorite Features

The sound system is top notch. The convertible top is easy to lower and raise. The car is very quiet for a convertible. All of the controls are easy to see and reach while driving.

Suggested Improvements

Improved sport handling. Throttle is electronic and could be more responsive. Steering is isolated, no road feel.

Love my car!
By Christine

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is sporty and fun to drive. The rear seats have much more room than any convertible I've ever ridden. It's a wonderful car to drive daily in the south. Vacations in the car have been wonderful.

Favorite Features

Convertible top wood grain interior

Suggested Improvements

The carpeting in both Solara convertibles I've owned has come loose around the center console.