Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

2006 solara convertible
By S. Swift

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car has the most interior room of any convertible on the road. We are both very tall and we don't look OVER the windshield. It handles like a dream and my gas mileage is great. I am getting 29.9 average city and hiway combo.

I love the radio controls on the steering wheel

I can't think of any unless it would be the ease of getting in/out of the rear seat from the drivers side. That can be a little difficult but we just don't use that side.... so NO PROBLEM

Love It
By Rhonda

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. Fun to drive, great with the top down. It's comfortable, reliable and performs great. Gas mileage is better than my 1998 Camry.

Convertible. Interior is sharp. Pretty much all of the car is my favorite.

None I can think of.

Could Be Better...
By TK

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I like the car overall, but was a little disappointed in the rattles, shakes and blindspot. The rattles and shakes happen mainly over bumpy roads. The blindspot is pretty scary. I LOVE the car with the top down and only like it with the top up. I get lots of compliments at red lights and gas stations but...if I had it to do over, I probably would have spent a little more for the Saab or BMW.

Styling

Ease of top latching, blindspot, rattles and shakes

It's Just Great
By gary frost

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned this vehicle for a couple of months, but we're thrilled with it! A hot rod its not, but it has very good power, and corners and handles very well. Plus, the seating and stereo are fantastic, and the fit and finish of this car is well above average.

Convertible top; stereo system; trunk space is unbelievable; the white metallic paint is awesome; and the pure fun of driving this car are the best! This is truly an underrated, underappreciated, underenjoyed vehicle for the money.

Should have sexier body styling; hi-intensity headlights; should also have folding side mirrors, and an integrated convertible boot system.

Hoped For Better
By Mark

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I find this vehicle to be a pig on fuel and underpowered at that. The car is fun to drive because of the conv. top but lacks in stereo quality and the navigation system has a mind of its own. At times the nav. is very annoying, but all in all a fun car. The tires are low profile on 17' wheels and they cut the moment you touch a curb.

the wind screen when driving with the top down makes the drive more enjoyable.

use stronger tires, more powerful stereo system with better speakers, more power fuel efficient engine and design an easier to use navigation system.