2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Best Bang For The Buck
By Brett on 07/19/05 17:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have now owned my Solara convertible for all of two days. So far, this car has met or surpassed all of my expectations. I have never looked forward to driving so much. This car is just as luxurious as my Lexus RX300, but costs less and is much more fun to drive. Aside from a few minor quips...such as better rear visibility, more lockable compartments, and better illumination of the center controls, this car is a 10. I test drove the mid-range Saab and BMW convertibles and the Solara is just as nice -- and costs 10K less. If you are looking for a full size convertibe at a reasonable price that doesn't miss a beat (even with the top up) this is the car for you.

Blind Spot
By Debbie on 07/14/05 08:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

So far the only negative thing I have to say about the Solara is the blind spot. Quite frankly I'm surprised more people have not mentioned this problem. I even had my 21 yr old daughter take the car to a trip to Orlando and she came back stating that she'll never drive it again due to the blind spot. I've had other convertables and have never noticed a blind spot. I am never quite sure that I am in the clear when I change lanes!! This problem could cause me to sell earlier than I would want to.

total toyota
By Wendy on 07/07/05 21:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have wanted a convertable since I was in grade school and have recently found myself living in the ideal state to drive one. I looked around for a vehicle with 4 seats (a requirement of mine) that lost none of the sporty good looks and driving fun. This car is it. It turns heads everywhere and it hugs the road like a dream. I have never had so much fun driving! I have owned many cars, both new and old, and this is far and away the best. Well worth the wait. I would highly recommend this car to anyone, although I love the fact that I do not see it everywhere I go, unlike the Sebring convertable.

2006 Toyota Solara convertible SLE
By Stephen A. Zinone on 07/07/05 06:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Looks like my two years of research paid off -- my first convertible is a winner!

Toyota Solara Convertible SLE V6
By Sylvia Gallina on 07/05/05 14:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car handles like a sport car. Very stable and hugs the curves like a dream on the mountain roads. Also, the ability to shift from automatic to manual is great both going up and down hills.

My Toyo Toy
By Heriberto Sifre on 07/02/05 23:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It was my dream to get a sport car when I reach 45's. I was looking the pony but the Solara Convertible SLE was very comfortable and fun to drive. An the resale value is better. HST

This car should cost $10-20K more.
By The Squasher on 06/23/05 19:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Could not find a better convertible for the money. Test drove everything under the sun: BMW, Merc, Saab, Volvo, Mustang, Jeep, Sebring nothing comes close for the price. I have never gotten some many comments on a car, everyone loves the style inside and out. The best thing is that you know it will run forever and the regular maintainance will not rob you blind like it would with the European models. Hurry get one before they are all gone.:)

good looking fun driving
By SLS on 06/21/05 22:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

best looking convertable around smooth driving quiet and quick,this car is priced extremely well/ No reason to go back to the dealer

third conv. owned
By mr moish on 06/20/05 18:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

had car 30 days, found no prob. so far.i picked white and have found it looks clean all the time.i would like to know, why my inside review mirror cannot be taken off dim feature.this is a 2006 model and mirror in manual is not same ,help me if u know any reason???

Great Convertable
By R. Culp on 06/17/05 23:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara convertable is the best buy for the money of any convertable in the 30K-60K range. It has eye catching looks comfort and performance and is fun to drive. I looked at them all and the Solara is the best.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.