2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
A Great Used Car
By chris_s_2010 on 03/13/14 12:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great choice as a used car. They aren't too expensive, they still look classy and they are very reliable. With the V6, the gas mileage is still decent. I bought this a a second car so I didn't want to spend too much. I bought it for $8500 with 166k km (103k miles) on it. Like (almost all) Camry's these cars last a long time and they have a strong reputation for reliability. It's been about 6 months since I bought it and I have no regrets. This car is comfortable to drive, pretty quiet and has power when you need it. Not a sports car but sportier than your average sedan!

My third Toyota is the best ever!
By Elizabeth on 10/04/06 18:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Love this car! Beautiful to the eye, inside and out and smooth ride. Easy handling. Nicely appointed interior. I enjoy all the extras as I spend alot of time on the road. One negative is a blind spot to cars approaching from the rear.All in all this is a Great Car!

Thoroughly Impressed
By Adavis on 06/01/06 16:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I wasn't even looking for a Toyota because I alreadly had an '06 Camry Sedan, but when I saw the Solara on the lot and then got inside I was floored. Everything else I was looking at was running at or above 30k. This car is incredible and it was under 25k. I love it. Buttery soft leather, sunroof, 6 disc CD changer in the dash, top quality stereo system, velvety smooth ride (its like it talks to the road),and a huge trunk! I should have known I'd eventually end up with a Toyota. This is my 3rd in 6 years. Can beat the quality for the money!

Red 06 Solara
By solara32 on 04/23/06 22:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car with every conceivable option 96 airbags, VSC, heated seats, etc) available except navigation. The ride is comfortable, and despite the sloping rear visibility is good. The V6 makes the car a little heavier compared with my old 4 cylinder Solara. The headrests for the rear passengers are a nice touch. The leather is soft and comfortable, and the heated seats nicely warm the body slowly. All controls are intuitive and easy to use, even the automatic climate control.

my Solara
By Fred Sanchez on 02/28/06 18:46 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Love the car. The visibility factor is of some concern. Car design has a "blind spot" that requires care after a near-miss. Overall, however, a sweetheart.

Almost a Lexus
By Dave on 02/27/06 14:33 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Car drives easily, responds well and has enough power to get around in hilly terrain without effort. A V6 that's less than 2 mpg off the 4 cyl at 30.8 all around total mpg over 7600 miles of city, highway and idling at the mall. Not bad.

Near perfect, needs a few more items
By Dave Rodham on 02/20/06 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Easy driver. Lots of people comforts. I feel safe with airbags everywhere. Stereo should have 100 more watts or my hearing is shot. Wife says her seat has no power controls. My next car will have pass seat controls for wife. Few minor offensive features. Quality is unmatched. Long trips are a breeze. Trunk is sizable but needs dividers. All around good car and our dogs like it as well.

Cool Tool
By Marytime on 12/27/05 15:27 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Acceleration is a disappointment because of the delay between mash and go. At 5'7" it is a first time life experience that I'm too tall with a hat. Cruise control manipulation is not intuitive. I'm really nervous about visibility...I hope I don't crunch someone/something before I learn my clearance limitations.

2006 Toyota Solara
By Scoobline on 12/21/05 11:20 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

A fun car to drive, and the car handles and responds very well; so far the car handles and responds very well in the snow. The car has power when you need it, and the fuel economy is better than expected: ~24 City (Winter ~19, car needs to warm up) and ~34 Highway. The car is very quiet, and the ride is great, although the suspension is a bit stiffer then I'm use too (I'm use to driving a sedan).

As expected and more---
By marco770 on 11/21/05 00:27 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Have driven over 60,000 miles in less than 2 years. Vehicle is fun, lean on fuel, untimely style, quick, efficient, and safe. Am completely pleased. Large trunk, good sound system, excellent air flow, and comfortable for the driver. Had to replace windshield due to road hazard (expected with hi mileage). As long as you keep serviced, this vehicle won't let you down.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.