Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

A Great Used Car
By chris_s_2010

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great choice as a used car. They aren't too expensive, they still look classy and they are very reliable. With the V6, the gas mileage is still decent. I bought this a a second car so I didn't want to spend too much. I bought it for $8500 with 166k km (103k miles) on it. Like (almost all) Camry's these cars last a long time and they have a strong reputation for reliability. It's been about 6 months since I bought it and I have no regrets. This car is comfortable to drive, pretty quiet and has power when you need it. Not a sports car but sportier than your average sedan!

Favorite Features

* Leather interior - nicely finished (SLE model). A bit like a Lexus with extra features like heated seats and auto dimming mirrors. * Good headroom & legroom (I'm 6'4") even with the sunroof. * Back seat is very usable. * Large trunk. * Classy looking car. * Sunroof. I normally avoid cars with a sunroof because it creates a headroom problem. This is the first one I've found that has adequate headroom even with the sunroof. It's great to open up the roof on a nice day.

Suggested Improvements

I found the driver's seat lumbar adjustment wasn't adequate so I use an extra lumbar pad on the seat.

My third Toyota is the best ever!
By Elizabeth

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Love this car! Beautiful to the eye, inside and out and smooth ride. Easy handling. Nicely appointed interior. I enjoy all the extras as I spend alot of time on the road. One negative is a blind spot to cars approaching from the rear.All in all this is a Great Car!

Favorite Features

6-CD Changer, Radio, Temperature control, electronic driver's seat a must as I am short-Beautiful leather interior.

Suggested Improvements

Improved rear visibility and entry to rear seat.

Thoroughly Impressed
By Adavis

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I wasn't even looking for a Toyota because I alreadly had an '06 Camry Sedan, but when I saw the Solara on the lot and then got inside I was floored. Everything else I was looking at was running at or above 30k. This car is incredible and it was under 25k. I love it. Buttery soft leather, sunroof, 6 disc CD changer in the dash, top quality stereo system, velvety smooth ride (its like it talks to the road),and a huge trunk! I should have known I'd eventually end up with a Toyota. This is my 3rd in 6 years. Can beat the quality for the money!

Favorite Features

Seat Comfort

Suggested Improvements

Could use just a little more zoom. Oops I mean rev, verve... ok alright just give it some more horsepower and it will be the perfect ride!

Red 06 Solara
By solara32

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car with every conceivable option 96 airbags, VSC, heated seats, etc) available except navigation. The ride is comfortable, and despite the sloping rear visibility is good. The V6 makes the car a little heavier compared with my old 4 cylinder Solara. The headrests for the rear passengers are a nice touch. The leather is soft and comfortable, and the heated seats nicely warm the body slowly. All controls are intuitive and easy to use, even the automatic climate control.

Favorite Features

Power driver's seat, automatic headlights, six CD dash changer, and white gauges

Suggested Improvements

Cooling functions for the front seats, and passenger power seat.

my Solara
By Fred Sanchez

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Love the car. The visibility factor is of some concern. Car design has a "blind spot" that requires care after a near-miss. Overall, however, a sweetheart.

Favorite Features

Handling, nav system, basic layout. Very driver friendly

Suggested Improvements

Eliminate that blind spot