2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Excellent Toyota, you did it again
By hector garcia on 01/01/07 20:30 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My 06 Solara now has 16,250.00 miles on it today as it sits on my driveway. I purchased it on 06/03/05 and have not made a single trip to the dealership yet, not even a bulb. The engine still sounds like day one, can't even tell it's even running, that's what all my passengers say. Very little if any road noise at all. I'm a repeat satisfied customer. Once again, thank you Toyota. It just cost me 100.00 now in maintenance since I bought it.

Just love it!
By Ben on 09/09/06 00:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought my Toyota Solara SE V6, and I am very pleased. I had a hard time finding a car that I wanted, and the more I drive it, the more I love it. The cabin is super quiet with little road, engine or wind noise. Makes those long drives very relaxing. I love having the extra power when I need it. If you buy a Camry, buy the V6, because I found the four cyl to be less responsive. Styling is beautiful! Great car, for a great price.

Get your own
By Jim on 07/30/06 19:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have 1100 miles on my new Solara and it is a dream to drive. Handles like a luxury car and performs likes a sports car. It is elegant, and has beautiful lines. I especially like the controls on the steering wheel, you never have to take your eyes off of the road. Makes the 140 mile daily commute pretty easy, lots of great comments on looks.

Wish for better gas mileage
By Belle Jones on 05/18/06 17:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara is a great Camry. Comfortable, good visual fields available. Only one complaint; II can't read the time, temperature outside, etc. on the upper dash. The displays are "hooded" and there is no back light. In the South, we have lots of sunny days so the numbers appear "shadowed" and therefore, not legible. My car is actually a 2004 model but I couldn't change the year model when I filled in the fields. The Solara is my favorite car ...of my lifetime!

Beautiful, Classy & Fun
By Audrey on 05/03/06 07:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased a 2006 SE V6 3.3L Solara the other day after comparing many vehicles. This car by far is the best out there for the money. I paid $17,500 w/15k on it. The engine is powerful and I am averaging 26 mpg in the city 31 mpg on the freeway. The car is just stunning inside and out. I chose Arctic Frost White w/light tan interior (only offered on SE Model, that is why I chose the SE and not Sport or SLE). Everyone comments on how beautiful and classy the car is. You can't beat Toyota's reputation for quality and reliablity, all while getting a very stylish, sporty looking car. Nothing out there can compete on price.

Fun to drive
By Tom LaPorte on 02/22/06 07:49 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Indeed fun to drive. Handles very well. Some hesitation on acceleration. Would have liked power seat for driver and compass. Overall I like the car for my daily 130 mile commute.

Awesome Car!! A+ Vehicle!
By Ashy on 01/23/06 19:13 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara has simply exceeded my expectations. It's sporty yet luxurious at the same time with tons of backseat room for my passengers! I get compliments on this vehicle every single day. It's no wonder that Toyota is the #1 selling vehicle in America. Performance and ride quality can't be beat! A highly recommended vehicle.

Love my Solara....
By Brian P on 07/12/05 22:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car...the styling is what caught my eye,but after driving it,the ride is just incredible...I can also say is without a doubt the quietest car in terms of filtering out exterior noise that I have ever driven.I also love the highway mpg..right now at 31 mpg...

my best toyota purchase yet
By hectors got his kind on 06/19/05 08:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

after owning the 2000 celica gts that was my first toyota which i also purchased new.comparing this one to the celica this car i believe will give me less problems overall.the celica gave me quite a bit of problems but still performed excellently after the warrantywas expired. thank you toyota for making the kind of cars i will now buy for the rest of my life.i feel like a millionaire in my 2006 solara.

Great Value
By Shana on 04/10/05 13:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I recently test drove the SE V6. I'm rough on my cars, I drive them hard, so when I took it for the test drive I truly worked its performance features. It has a lot of power, the engine offered smooth acceleration, it cornered smooth, but not as well as some of its wider couterparts. All and all I was pleasantly surprised with its power. I test drove several of its "brand name" counterparts, and found that this was a better quality car for the money, and was a great value. My first brand new car, and I'm very happy with my decision.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.