2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry-solara - Consumer Reviews

2006 Camry Solara Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Sort Reviews by

Excellent Toyota, you did it again
By hector garcia

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My 06 Solara now has 16,250.00 miles on it today as it sits on my driveway. I purchased it on 06/03/05 and have not made a single trip to the dealership yet, not even a bulb. The engine still sounds like day one, can't even tell it's even running, that's what all my passengers say. Very little if any road noise at all. I'm a repeat satisfied customer. Once again, thank you Toyota. It just cost me 100.00 now in maintenance since I bought it.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, silent engine, very good build, interior design, love the front lights and fogs, JBL stereo rocks.

Suggested Improvements

rear view if possible, that's all.

Just love it!
By Ben

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought my Toyota Solara SE V6, and I am very pleased. I had a hard time finding a car that I wanted, and the more I drive it, the more I love it. The cabin is super quiet with little road, engine or wind noise. Makes those long drives very relaxing. I love having the extra power when I need it. If you buy a Camry, buy the V6, because I found the four cyl to be less responsive. Styling is beautiful! Great car, for a great price.

Favorite Features

Wonderful Stability. automatic 5-speed V6 engine, comfort, amazingly quiet and smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Visibility takes some adjusting too. The seats could slide back a bit more, but is still roomy enough. Trunk door seems a little flimsy when closing, but I can live with that.

Get your own
By Jim

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have 1100 miles on my new Solara and it is a dream to drive. Handles like a luxury car and performs likes a sports car. It is elegant, and has beautiful lines. I especially like the controls on the steering wheel, you never have to take your eyes off of the road. Makes the 140 mile daily commute pretty easy, lots of great comments on looks.

Favorite Features

Styling, hands free radio control, auto headlights, looks like fairly good gas mileage for a six - 31mpg highway.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth option, fisheye spot mirrors on the regular mirrors from the factory would help with the blind spots (lucky me I drove a truck and know how to use mirrors). A few more watts for the radio. Overall nice car.

Wish for better gas mileage
By Belle Jones

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara is a great Camry. Comfortable, good visual fields available. Only one complaint; II can't read the time, temperature outside, etc. on the upper dash. The displays are "hooded" and there is no back light. In the South, we have lots of sunny days so the numbers appear "shadowed" and therefore, not legible. My car is actually a 2004 model but I couldn't change the year model when I filled in the fields. The Solara is my favorite car ...of my lifetime!

Favorite Features

The heated seats! I had them on my Mercedes.

Suggested Improvements

Light the upper panel that shows the time, temp. etc. Also, it would be nice if the icons that show things like if the air is flowing in or is it closed--- if they were a bit larger, they would be much easier to read at as one drives along!

Beautiful, Classy & Fun
By Audrey

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased a 2006 SE V6 3.3L Solara the other day after comparing many vehicles. This car by far is the best out there for the money. I paid $17,500 w/15k on it. The engine is powerful and I am averaging 26 mpg in the city 31 mpg on the freeway. The car is just stunning inside and out. I chose Arctic Frost White w/light tan interior (only offered on SE Model, that is why I chose the SE and not Sport or SLE). Everyone comments on how beautiful and classy the car is. You can't beat Toyota's reputation for quality and reliablity, all while getting a very stylish, sporty looking car. Nothing out there can compete on price.

Favorite Features

Body style and interior. Gas mileage. Stereo controls on steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of.

Fun to drive
By Tom LaPorte

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Indeed fun to drive. Handles very well. Some hesitation on acceleration. Would have liked power seat for driver and compass. Overall I like the car for my daily 130 mile commute.

Favorite Features

Automatic 5 speed transmission Power for passing Good handling, very little sway in corners. Like the new cruise control

Suggested Improvements

Power for the drivers seat compass rain sensitive wipers

Awesome Car!! A+ Vehicle!
By Ashy

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara has simply exceeded my expectations. It's sporty yet luxurious at the same time with tons of backseat room for my passengers! I get compliments on this vehicle every single day. It's no wonder that Toyota is the #1 selling vehicle in America. Performance and ride quality can't be beat! A highly recommended vehicle.

Favorite Features

The audio control panel design is ahead of it's time. You jump inside and the interior pleases your senses.

Suggested Improvements

Honestly there is none in my opinion. Loving my car!!

Love my Solara....
By Brian P

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car...the styling is what caught my eye,but after driving it,the ride is just incredible...I can also say is without a doubt the quietest car in terms of filtering out exterior noise that I have ever driven.I also love the highway mpg..right now at 31 mpg...

Favorite Features

Exterior styling and comfort of ride...

Suggested Improvements

Haven't found the need for any improvements yet...

my best toyota purchase yet
By hectors got his kind

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

after owning the 2000 celica gts that was my first toyota which i also purchased new.comparing this one to the celica this car i believe will give me less problems overall.the celica gave me quite a bit of problems but still performed excellently after the warrantywas expired. thank you toyota for making the kind of cars i will now buy for the rest of my life.i feel like a millionaire in my 2006 solara.

Favorite Features

body style,front agressive look ,lexus looking interior.

Suggested Improvements

the transmission shifts very poor n ragady at the beginning of take off.

Great Value
By Shana

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I recently test drove the SE V6. I'm rough on my cars, I drive them hard, so when I took it for the test drive I truly worked its performance features. It has a lot of power, the engine offered smooth acceleration, it cornered smooth, but not as well as some of its wider couterparts. All and all I was pleasantly surprised with its power. I test drove several of its "brand name" counterparts, and found that this was a better quality car for the money, and was a great value. My first brand new car, and I'm very happy with my decision.

Favorite Features

I love the steering wheel controls for the radio, makes it safer to drive. Secondly, it has a sleek interior and style, that makes it both fashionable and practical.

Suggested Improvements

It has amazing power, but didn't hold corners as well as some of its counterparts. That being said, I may be hard on my cars, but I'm not a race car driver, so I probably won't be taking crazy corners.