2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
A Great Used Car
By chris_s_2010 on 03/13/14 12:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great choice as a used car. They aren't too expensive, they still look classy and they are very reliable. With the V6, the gas mileage is still decent. I bought this a a second car so I didn't want to spend too much. I bought it for $8500 with 166k km (103k miles) on it. Like (almost all) Camry's these cars last a long time and they have a strong reputation for reliability. It's been about 6 months since I bought it and I have no regrets. This car is comfortable to drive, pretty quiet and has power when you need it. Not a sports car but sportier than your average sedan!

Love it but wish I had the V6
By barba311 on 11/04/12 18:53 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Im 17 and I bought mine 3 months ago with 65,000 miles as my first car I love ALMOST everything about this car. Its in superb condition. The car is comfortable, handles well, reliable because its a Toyota, and is for the most part rattle-free which means its built well. Two things I don't like about this car are the acceleration and the MPG. Even when I accelerate and brake gradually and coast as much as possible, I never get more than 17 MPG city, as opposed to the claimed 23 MPG city. Acceleration is not great, the V6 probably delivers better but overall I am very very happy.

Problems
By mad on 05/18/10 08:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

i have had my car almost for 5 years and in the three months i have had to take it because of the engine light coming on. 400.00 for a new sensor and right now waiting to see what s wrong this time. Toyotas used to last for 150,000 miles or more but this is crazy my car is maintenanced regularly and this is what i get. never never again will i purchase a Toyota

Very satisfied
By Bretton on 11/20/09 08:51 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When I first got the car I instantly realized all the things I didn't like about it...minimal head room, seat belt is hard to reach and it is very hard to see where the bumper is when backing up. After driving it for a while though I have realized that those things don't really matter once you get used to it and it is a REALLY FUN CAR TO DRIVE! It's like a full sized sporty sedan. Highly recommend it.

Sweet Car
By Gene on 03/02/09 13:34 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drive long distances and this car gets fantastic gas mileage, is comfortable, quiet, and fun to drive. I have the 2.4L and was surprised with the power. It gets 30-32mpg on the highway consistently. We love the ride quality and comfort. It gets lots of compliments wherever we go.

Excellent Toyota, you did it again
By hector garcia on 01/01/07 20:30 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My 06 Solara now has 16,250.00 miles on it today as it sits on my driveway. I purchased it on 06/03/05 and have not made a single trip to the dealership yet, not even a bulb. The engine still sounds like day one, can't even tell it's even running, that's what all my passengers say. Very little if any road noise at all. I'm a repeat satisfied customer. Once again, thank you Toyota. It just cost me 100.00 now in maintenance since I bought it.

Solara 2006
By NB on 11/09/06 07:16 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My Solara 6 cyl performs like a thoroughbred. The leather seats are comfortable and the instrument panel is very good. There is a need for a place to put your loose change. The armrest compartment needs to flip open to the side instead of opening flipping backwards. The navigation system should offered as an option.

great car for a great price
By mluu510 on 10/11/06 19:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

i got mine for $18.1k plus tax/etc. i love it so far. although, i think my radio atenna is malfunctioning. i love the seats! they're very confortable and sporty. the 07 model is definitely better. they have nice upgrades like HID headlights, LED tailights and mp3 player but i got the 06 model at a big discount.

My third Toyota is the best ever!
By Elizabeth on 10/04/06 18:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Love this car! Beautiful to the eye, inside and out and smooth ride. Easy handling. Nicely appointed interior. I enjoy all the extras as I spend alot of time on the road. One negative is a blind spot to cars approaching from the rear.All in all this is a Great Car!

love my convertible
By Dallasgal on 09/19/06 18:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The car is so much fun. It has been a very dependable car. I was tboned in a bad wreck. I walked away without a scratch. The car is very solid. The service at my dealership is outstanding. The rear window is hard to see out of when looking for traffic. My right convertible side is hard to lock when putting the top up. But would I buy this car again? Yes

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.