Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Overall the best Car We've Owned
By Pat

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the car used from a private seller back in 2007 with 41k miles. We now have 140k miles and have not had any major mechanical problems since purchase. 2-sets of brakes and tires since then. One power steering hose and one inner tie rod, that's about it. Haven't even changed the plugs yet but regular on the fluid changes. Engine still runs strong. HVAC controls work perfect (Air & Heat). Factory radio still sounds great. Power convertible top still works flawless (orig factory top still). Auto transmission still shifts smooth. Gets good gas mileage for a V6 especially on the highway. I expect this car to last us another 10 years.

Pros: Good build quality, powerful V6, smooth auto transmission, tilt/telescopic wheel great for extremely tall or short people (which we are).
Cons: Only con is when it's raining and you open a door, water will drip from the convertible top down on your leg. Not sure if this is just our car or a Solara convertible issue in general but it's a minor inconvenience.

I love it!
By Convertible Girl

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It's the best looking convertible for the price and it drives very smooth like a more expensive car. Every Friday night I put the top down and sail home with a big smile on my face! It's so much fun to drive!

Electric seat, large trunk, the rims, inside wood trim, cute backside!

Remove head rests in the back seat.

Great Convertible for Friends & Family
By Dr Peter Baldwin

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara is a fantastic convertible that comfortably seats 4 passengers. I routinely take my colleagues out on golfing trips. There's plenty of room for everyone and their clubs. I'm always getting compliments. Sure I could afford a BMW or a Lexus, but it seems foolish in this economy to overspend on a car. This car has everything I need and more. I love the built-in satellite radio. Sure, the blind spots are bigger than on a standard car, but that's a trade-off of having a convertible. It's not a mini-van. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a reliable, performance driven, roomy convertible. It's like a Lexus without the price tag.

Size, Styling, Gas Mileage, Luxurious, Comfortable on long trips, Fast

None

A Little Disappointing
By convertible guy

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Solara in August, and was having a blast putting the top down. At first, I thought it was the car for me! But when I figured out all of the problems, I decided otherwise. After two months, I kept getting water leakage in the interior. Now, I knew there would probably be a little bit considering it was a convertible, but I didn't know there would be drips and runs of water every time I washed it or drove it in the rain! Also, there is a significant blind spot in the rear! I don't feel very comfortable driving it not knowing who's behind me. I think that they should make the rear window larger like the old style of Solara.

Very sporty looks. Nicely planned interior.

Do something about the leaks in the interior. Maybe make the rear headrests smaller like the coupe's, or make them removable to get rid of that blind spot.

Don't be afraid to dream
By Barb

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car on my 50th birthday. I was looking for a convertible which would go in the snow, have enough trunk room to carry my families groceries, have more than two people in the car and make me feel like a kid again. This car has it all. One summer day with the top down and the fantastic factory stereo turned up to a favorite song of the 70's, I felt like a 16 yr old in my dad's car. I don't think any other car could give me that. The only complaint, if it is one, is that on cold days going over some bumps the window glass seems to creak until it gets warm. The car looks like a more expensive and exotic model without the price tag. A hybrid model would have been perfect.

Convertible and stereo.