2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Now I have 3 Camrys
By chris_s_2010 on 10/29/13 10:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle: 2006 V6 SLE coupe Purchased Aug 2013 with 166K km (103K miles). I already have a 2010 Camry Hybrid (and a 2000 Camry CE) so I bought this as a newer "second" car given that the 2000 is getting a bit old. I was looking for something a bit sportier but still reliable and this seemed to be the best choice. Quite comfortable, nice looking car, good power (with the V6), high-end features (in the SLE). For a 7 year old car, it still looks quite stylish. Has a good reliability record so it should last for many years. Body in good shape: doesn't show its age.

I love it!
By Convertible Girl on 09/03/09 14:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It's the best looking convertible for the price and it drives very smooth like a more expensive car. Every Friday night I put the top down and sail home with a big smile on my face! It's so much fun to drive!

Great Convertible for Friends & Family
By Dr Peter Baldwin on 07/04/09 16:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara is a fantastic convertible that comfortably seats 4 passengers. I routinely take my colleagues out on golfing trips. There's plenty of room for everyone and their clubs. I'm always getting compliments. Sure I could afford a BMW or a Lexus, but it seems foolish in this economy to overspend on a car. This car has everything I need and more. I love the built-in satellite radio. Sure, the blind spots are bigger than on a standard car, but that's a trade-off of having a convertible. It's not a mini-van. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a reliable, performance driven, roomy convertible. It's like a Lexus without the price tag.

Disappointed Owner :(
By Sad Owner :( on 06/30/09 10:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Iím very disappointed on how the car's finish has held up. My sun visors on both sides have been replaced 3 time because of a wear hole in the same place, dashboard marks up and canít remove marks, top has a hole in it from where it folds over when the top is down, window rubber stoppers keep falling off after 3 repairs, door panel is coming undone and about 5 more things that are poor quality. Iíve been to the dealership MANY times and was told by Toyota area tech that Toyota ďdoesnít careĒ and thatís what happens to convertibles when exposed to the sun. POOR ENGINEERING!!! I thought I was buying a Toyota and a company that stands behind without a fight, but I was wrong. This was my 5th new Toyota.

Great with the top down only
By murphydurphy on 04/20/09 14:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the car during the summer months. Should have driven the car with the top up. Impossible to see on the sides. I hate driving at night due to the terrible blind spots. We have owned other convertibles never had blind spots as bad as this Camry. With the top down it's great. But we live in the Midwest so the top is not down a whole lot. I hope Toyota works on the blind spot problems. If anyone test drives this car they need to drive with the top up as well as down. Be careful. I have almost cut off many people due to the blind spots. Added the little round mirrors on the side mirrors to help with this problem. Most likely would not buy another Camry convert.

Great car but MAJOR blind spots
By Votch1 on 03/25/09 10:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I leased this car in May 2005 (2006 model) and was impressed with the ride, acceleration, and quietness. I guess I should have driven a little more with the top up for the test drive. Top- down driving is pure pleasure! Top-up is challenging due to the large rear headrests (cannot remove) and the large c-pillars. One quickly learns to drive using only the side mirrors. I have had MANY close-calls cutting people off because I could not see them beside me or slightly behind. Backing up will require putting your head out the driver's window to look back. Mechanical & build quality are PERFECT!

Five Years of Driving Pleasure
By TN Engineer on 01/05/09 15:14 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the first 2004 Solara to arrive in this area, and enjoyed it greatly until it perished in a collision. We sought an exact duplicate as fast as we could. The replacement 2006 model has served us well for over 36,000 miles with no repairs at all. We have received many compliments on its appearance (red with black interior), and it is quiet and smooth at highway speeds. The trunk is large and the front seats are very comfortable. The only small complaint I have is the transmissions reluctance to downshift quickly after my wife has been driving the car slowly around town. This can be re-set by gassing the car from a stop several times, and it will "learn" to downshift quicker.

Fun, Hot Car
By Shirley Sawyer on 08/18/08 13:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have thoroughly enjoyed my Solara Convertible. Whenever I drive it with the top down, without fail, I get a positive comment from someone in a parking lot or at a stop light. I love the great take off power and the bonus of good gas mileage. Coming from the era of fabulous "muscle cars" consider it high praise for my "Hot" Solara. Anyone who wants a fun, reliable car the Toyota Solara convertible is a great choice!

Reliability Good Looks & Fun in the Sun
By Christine on 10/31/07 21:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I really love this car. No trouble whatsoever. I have had it for a year and 8 months. Just oil changes & tire rotations! Previously had a Saab and it was always in the shop. I really think the visibility is better than the Saab, windows are bigger. You really get used to using the side mirrors. Really haven't had any problem. Only thing that I found troublesome was not having any rubber strip on the sides of the car which makes it very easily dinged. I am six foot and the car has enough leg room for me and is very comfortable. Has the luxury of a Lexus without the price. Today is Halloween and I had the top down! What fun! I always get lots of glances at this car!

Awesome Car
By Toots on 09/19/07 08:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car rides beautiful. The comfort is super. It's very quiet, can't hear it running. The stereo system rocks. What a fun car to drive and when I have the top down and the boot in, it's spectacular! I love the car and would highly recommend it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.