2006 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
I love it!
By Convertible Girl on 09/03/09 14:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It's the best looking convertible for the price and it drives very smooth like a more expensive car. Every Friday night I put the top down and sail home with a big smile on my face! It's so much fun to drive!

Great Convertible for Friends & Family
By Dr Peter Baldwin on 07/04/09 16:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara is a fantastic convertible that comfortably seats 4 passengers. I routinely take my colleagues out on golfing trips. There's plenty of room for everyone and their clubs. I'm always getting compliments. Sure I could afford a BMW or a Lexus, but it seems foolish in this economy to overspend on a car. This car has everything I need and more. I love the built-in satellite radio. Sure, the blind spots are bigger than on a standard car, but that's a trade-off of having a convertible. It's not a mini-van. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a reliable, performance driven, roomy convertible. It's like a Lexus without the price tag.

A Little Disappointing
By convertible guy on 02/06/07 13:38 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Solara in August, and was having a blast putting the top down. At first, I thought it was the car for me! But when I figured out all of the problems, I decided otherwise. After two months, I kept getting water leakage in the interior. Now, I knew there would probably be a little bit considering it was a convertible, but I didn't know there would be drips and runs of water every time I washed it or drove it in the rain! Also, there is a significant blind spot in the rear! I don't feel very comfortable driving it not knowing who's behind me. I think that they should make the rear window larger like the old style of Solara.

Don't be afraid to dream
By Barb on 10/18/06 07:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car on my 50th birthday. I was looking for a convertible which would go in the snow, have enough trunk room to carry my families groceries, have more than two people in the car and make me feel like a kid again. This car has it all. One summer day with the top down and the fantastic factory stereo turned up to a favorite song of the 70's, I felt like a 16 yr old in my dad's car. I don't think any other car could give me that. The only complaint, if it is one, is that on cold days going over some bumps the window glass seems to creak until it gets warm. The car looks like a more expensive and exotic model without the price tag. A hybrid model would have been perfect.

The Red Dream
By JAC on 09/19/06 20:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is truly fun to drive, rides quiet and so smooth. I bought it as a second car, but am having trouble leaving it in the garage. It's design and look attract everyone but when they have a chance to ride in it that sells it that much more...and even though it's a convertible it surprisingly quiet with a nice sound system.

Wobbles
By Frank on 09/02/06 06:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent overall except for front end and windshield "wobbles" when driving over bumps or uneven pavement. Dealer said it was a design deficiency. Toyota can't fix the problem.

Great to drive in luxury
By Charlie on 08/25/06 19:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Exremely quiet and it handles like a sports car. Gas mileage is superb for the size and power it exhibits. I hesitated about trading in my 2005 Prius but after the first day of driving this machine I forgot all about the Prius. (If I could afford it I would still own a Prius as well.) This vehicle is the best I have driven on long trips. The seats are like sitting in a recliner in my living room. The gas mileage difference is worth the extra cost (from my Prius) to drive my Solara.

Convertible Bert
By kgulley on 07/06/06 10:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have grown to truly value this automobile in a really big way. Realistically, the only thing that I can say bad, is that the handling is typical of other Toyotas I've driven, and I feel as though there is a certain amount of wind sheer and turbulence (if that is appropriate terminology) that I experience. Yet given the soft top, its understandable. Overall a great car, with no timing belt, unlike found in some other cars.

While the Sun Shines
By Stone on 05/31/06 04:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has the typically great Toyota quality. The mileage is impressive, 26 MPG around town and 32 MPG on the Thruway. The "Absolutely Red" color is terrific.

Most fun with the top down!
By Utterchaos on 05/30/06 21:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car! It's the best. I have so much fun driving it around. The trunk is huge! My two teen boys fit in the backseat fine. I can't wait for good weather, just so I can ride with the top down. Have only had one problem and that was a bad thermometer. It has HUGE blindspots with the top up, so I have spot mirrors. The car is so much fun, that it outweighs the blindspot.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.