Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

I love it!
By Convertible Girl

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

It's the best looking convertible for the price and it drives very smooth like a more expensive car. Every Friday night I put the top down and sail home with a big smile on my face! It's so much fun to drive!

Electric seat, large trunk, the rims, inside wood trim, cute backside!

Remove head rests in the back seat.

Great Convertible for Friends & Family
By Dr Peter Baldwin

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara is a fantastic convertible that comfortably seats 4 passengers. I routinely take my colleagues out on golfing trips. There's plenty of room for everyone and their clubs. I'm always getting compliments. Sure I could afford a BMW or a Lexus, but it seems foolish in this economy to overspend on a car. This car has everything I need and more. I love the built-in satellite radio. Sure, the blind spots are bigger than on a standard car, but that's a trade-off of having a convertible. It's not a mini-van. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a reliable, performance driven, roomy convertible. It's like a Lexus without the price tag.

Size, Styling, Gas Mileage, Luxurious, Comfortable on long trips, Fast

None

A Little Disappointing
By convertible guy

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Solara in August, and was having a blast putting the top down. At first, I thought it was the car for me! But when I figured out all of the problems, I decided otherwise. After two months, I kept getting water leakage in the interior. Now, I knew there would probably be a little bit considering it was a convertible, but I didn't know there would be drips and runs of water every time I washed it or drove it in the rain! Also, there is a significant blind spot in the rear! I don't feel very comfortable driving it not knowing who's behind me. I think that they should make the rear window larger like the old style of Solara.

Very sporty looks. Nicely planned interior.

Do something about the leaks in the interior. Maybe make the rear headrests smaller like the coupe's, or make them removable to get rid of that blind spot.

Don't be afraid to dream
By Barb

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car on my 50th birthday. I was looking for a convertible which would go in the snow, have enough trunk room to carry my families groceries, have more than two people in the car and make me feel like a kid again. This car has it all. One summer day with the top down and the fantastic factory stereo turned up to a favorite song of the 70's, I felt like a 16 yr old in my dad's car. I don't think any other car could give me that. The only complaint, if it is one, is that on cold days going over some bumps the window glass seems to creak until it gets warm. The car looks like a more expensive and exotic model without the price tag. A hybrid model would have been perfect.

Convertible and stereo.

Hybrid model.

The Red Dream
By JAC

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is truly fun to drive, rides quiet and so smooth. I bought it as a second car, but am having trouble leaving it in the garage. It's design and look attract everyone but when they have a chance to ride in it that sells it that much more...and even though it's a convertible it surprisingly quiet with a nice sound system.

Smooth - quiet and sharp.

Sound speakers in the back.