Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry-solara - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Camry Solara

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Excellent Toyota, you did it again
By hector garcia

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My 06 Solara now has 16,250.00 miles on it today as it sits on my driveway. I purchased it on 06/03/05 and have not made a single trip to the dealership yet, not even a bulb. The engine still sounds like day one, can't even tell it's even running, that's what all my passengers say. Very little if any road noise at all. I'm a repeat satisfied customer. Once again, thank you Toyota. It just cost me 100.00 now in maintenance since I bought it.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, silent engine, very good build, interior design, love the front lights and fogs, JBL stereo rocks.

Suggested Improvements

rear view if possible, that's all.

Just love it!
By Ben

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought my Toyota Solara SE V6, and I am very pleased. I had a hard time finding a car that I wanted, and the more I drive it, the more I love it. The cabin is super quiet with little road, engine or wind noise. Makes those long drives very relaxing. I love having the extra power when I need it. If you buy a Camry, buy the V6, because I found the four cyl to be less responsive. Styling is beautiful! Great car, for a great price.

Favorite Features

Wonderful Stability. automatic 5-speed V6 engine, comfort, amazingly quiet and smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Visibility takes some adjusting too. The seats could slide back a bit more, but is still roomy enough. Trunk door seems a little flimsy when closing, but I can live with that.

Get your own
By Jim

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have 1100 miles on my new Solara and it is a dream to drive. Handles like a luxury car and performs likes a sports car. It is elegant, and has beautiful lines. I especially like the controls on the steering wheel, you never have to take your eyes off of the road. Makes the 140 mile daily commute pretty easy, lots of great comments on looks.

Favorite Features

Styling, hands free radio control, auto headlights, looks like fairly good gas mileage for a six - 31mpg highway.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth option, fisheye spot mirrors on the regular mirrors from the factory would help with the blind spots (lucky me I drove a truck and know how to use mirrors). A few more watts for the radio. Overall nice car.

Wish for better gas mileage
By Belle Jones

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Solara is a great Camry. Comfortable, good visual fields available. Only one complaint; II can't read the time, temperature outside, etc. on the upper dash. The displays are "hooded" and there is no back light. In the South, we have lots of sunny days so the numbers appear "shadowed" and therefore, not legible. My car is actually a 2004 model but I couldn't change the year model when I filled in the fields. The Solara is my favorite car ...of my lifetime!

Favorite Features

The heated seats! I had them on my Mercedes.

Suggested Improvements

Light the upper panel that shows the time, temp. etc. Also, it would be nice if the icons that show things like if the air is flowing in or is it closed--- if they were a bit larger, they would be much easier to read at as one drives along!

Beautiful, Classy & Fun
By Audrey

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased a 2006 SE V6 3.3L Solara the other day after comparing many vehicles. This car by far is the best out there for the money. I paid $17,500 w/15k on it. The engine is powerful and I am averaging 26 mpg in the city 31 mpg on the freeway. The car is just stunning inside and out. I chose Arctic Frost White w/light tan interior (only offered on SE Model, that is why I chose the SE and not Sport or SLE). Everyone comments on how beautiful and classy the car is. You can't beat Toyota's reputation for quality and reliablity, all while getting a very stylish, sporty looking car. Nothing out there can compete on price.

Favorite Features

Body style and interior. Gas mileage. Stereo controls on steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of.