Used 2006 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Camry-solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

A Great Used Car
By chris_s_2010

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great choice as a used car. They aren't too expensive, they still look classy and they are very reliable. With the V6, the gas mileage is still decent. I bought this a a second car so I didn't want to spend too much. I bought it for $8500 with 166k km (103k miles) on it. Like (almost all) Camry's these cars last a long time and they have a strong reputation for reliability. It's been about 6 months since I bought it and I have no regrets. This car is comfortable to drive, pretty quiet and has power when you need it. Not a sports car but sportier than your average sedan!

Favorite Features

* Leather interior - nicely finished (SLE model). A bit like a Lexus with extra features like heated seats and auto dimming mirrors. * Good headroom & legroom (I'm 6'4") even with the sunroof. * Back seat is very usable. * Large trunk. * Classy looking car. * Sunroof. I normally avoid cars with a sunroof because it creates a headroom problem. This is the first one I've found that has adequate headroom even with the sunroof. It's great to open up the roof on a nice day.

Suggested Improvements

I found the driver's seat lumbar adjustment wasn't adequate so I use an extra lumbar pad on the seat.

Now I have 3 Camrys
By chris_s_2010

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Vehicle: 2006 V6 SLE coupe Purchased Aug 2013 with 166K km (103K miles). I already have a 2010 Camry Hybrid (and a 2000 Camry CE) so I bought this as a newer "second" car given that the 2000 is getting a bit old. I was looking for something a bit sportier but still reliable and this seemed to be the best choice. Quite comfortable, nice looking car, good power (with the V6), high-end features (in the SLE). For a 7 year old car, it still looks quite stylish. Has a good reliability record so it should last for many years. Body in good shape: doesn't show its age.

Favorite Features

Not a sports car but has a touch of Lexus styling and fun to drive with the sunroof open. I generally avoid cars with a sun roof because of the headroom (I'm 6'4") but I'm OK in the Solara. Back seat is very usable and it has a great trunk. Lots of power. Able to get 8L / 100km (30 mpg) or better on the highway. With a light touch, city gas mileage isn't too bad either.

Suggested Improvements

Things that could be better: * Leather seats look good but aren't as comfortable as the seats in my 2010 Hybrid. Lumbar support isn't sufficient. * Back seat headroom is limited so you don't want to go on any long trips with 6 footers in the back. * The V6 engine is hard to service on the rear side. It has long-life spark plugs but when they need to be done (192K km?) the labor is quite expensive. * If you ever need to change the rear shocks, the back seat needs to be torn apart to do it.

Love it but wish I had the V6
By barba311

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Im 17 and I bought mine 3 months ago with 65,000 miles as my first car I love ALMOST everything about this car. Its in superb condition. The car is comfortable, handles well, reliable because its a Toyota, and is for the most part rattle-free which means its built well. Two things I don't like about this car are the acceleration and the MPG. Even when I accelerate and brake gradually and coast as much as possible, I never get more than 17 MPG city, as opposed to the claimed 23 MPG city. Acceleration is not great, the V6 probably delivers better but overall I am very very happy.

Favorite Features

The SE Sport is great because you get black sport cloth inside, faux carbon fiber trim, 17 inch wheels and underbody spoilers. I think these features dramatically improves the appearance.

Problems
By mad

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

i have had my car almost for 5 years and in the three months i have had to take it because of the engine light coming on. 400.00 for a new sensor and right now waiting to see what s wrong this time. Toyotas used to last for 150,000 miles or more but this is crazy my car is maintenanced regularly and this is what i get. never never again will i purchase a Toyota

Suggested Improvements

hire people who really know how to build cars that wont kill and fall apart.

Very satisfied
By Bretton

2006 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When I first got the car I instantly realized all the things I didn't like about it...minimal head room, seat belt is hard to reach and it is very hard to see where the bumper is when backing up. After driving it for a while though I have realized that those things don't really matter once you get used to it and it is a REALLY FUN CAR TO DRIVE! It's like a full sized sporty sedan. Highly recommend it.

Favorite Features

Automatic lights feature.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe make the trunk a little shorter so you can see where you are when backing up.