2005 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Review: no problems and fun to drive

2005 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Review

no problems and fun to drive
By Joe Sisolak on

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my solara convertible for 6 months now and it is a enjoyable to drive and offers a comfortable drive. The styling is also very slick and I'm often given compliments on the car at stop lights saying how much it looks like the pricier Lexus SC430. I actually looked at both cars at the NY Auto Show last spring with the intent to purchase the Lexus but with the drivers seat adjusted comfortably for myself my seatback actually touched the rear seat leaving no room even for a child to sit comfortably in the rear however I have fit 2 grown adults in the rear of my solara with the my seat in a comfortable position and I'm 6-0 tall.

My favorite features are the enourmous amount of trunk space even with the top down for a convertible,the smooth ride,and the one touch top and window drop button.

My only complaint is that there is no warning tone that the emergency brake is engages as in most other cars on the road and that handling is somewhat iffy on bumpy road surfaces due to the super touchy traction contol.