2005 Toyota Camry Solara 3.3L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - My 2005 Toyota Solara SE

2005 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Review

My 2005 Toyota Solara SE Convertible
By Gary Green on

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Driving the 2005 Toyota Solara was a new experience for me as I had been driving a 1989 car. The convertible with the 3.3liter V-6 is smooth, quiet and has plenty of power. The interior and exterior are pleasing and modern. The rear seats actually hold two adults comfortably. The red exterior with black leather and trim causes this car to stand out in a crowd. Some of the things that I do not like are: the drivers seat speed; much too slow, the rear view is mostly blocked by the huge rear head rests, and the instruments atop the dash are difficult to see in bright light. The convertible top is simple to lower, and raise.

Favorite Features

The convertible top. Dash instruments easy to see, and well lit at night. The engine is strong. The 5 speed automatic transmission. The car is quiet for a convertible. Auto on projector headlights. In wheel audio controls.

Suggested Improvements

Better placement of fuel meter, clock and temperature gauge for visibility. Put a faster fore/aft motor on the drivers seat. It is too slow. Get rid of those huge rear headrests, and install smaller ones. They hide your rear view. Add some side trim for protection.