2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
My convertible
By R. Christianson on 09/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

My review is stated in the following two items. I don't like the way the top folds. The boot is clumsy. One cannot see out the back clearly thanks to the headrests which I have been told do not remove.

Great4 seat ragtop!
By Indasun on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I didn't want to give up my back seat and bought the Solara instead of a Nissan 350Z. Glad I did. I love using reg gas and having affordable tires.

Very Pleased when I get to Drive it!
By Dan R on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Best Quality car I have ever owned! Handling and cornering is great. Slight hesitation noticed when demanding power. Rear visability poor due to roll bars built into rear seat rests. Fun to drive and gets many compliments when I manage to get the keys away from wy wife.

Great car
By Rose g on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The ride is great and the new motor is very smooth

I love this car!
By dr jim on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have always expected Toyota reliability to be excellent while wrapped up in plain old vanilla package. However, the Solara convertible is a joy to drive, great to just look at, and is getting over 30 miles per gallon during a mostly interstate comute. LOVE the car.

Excellent Car
By murtaugh on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Definitely has blind spots for backing up and multiple lanes when the top is closed. Excellent presentation. Very sharp looking car. Boot can be a little tricky to put on.

I love it.
By Jim Ehrsam on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

So far so good. The Solara Convertable gets a lot of heads to turn. You don't see them everywhere you go. We love to go cruising on Weekends and this is a great car for that.

SHARP LOOK
By StaceyB on 08/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I JUST BOUGHT THIS CAR YESTERDAY, A CONVERTIBLE. MY HUSBAND HAS HAD HIS SOLARA FOR ABOUT 8 MONTHS AND LOVES THE DRIVE OF SMOOTHNESS. I DROVE A BEETLE CONVERTIBLE FOR 15 MONTHS, BUT WHEN I SAW THIS SOLARA CONVERTIBLE, I TRADED AND DO NOT REGRET IT. WONDERFUL LUX. CAR, SMOOTH AS SILK ON THE ROAD, SHARP AND CLASSY LOOKING. I HAVE THE BLACK EXT. WITH TAN LEATHER, TAN TOP. OHHHHH MY GOSH!!! SWEET!! THIS IS OUR 3RD PURCHASE FROM PANAMA CITY TOYOTA, OUR SALESMAN JJ HAS BEEN GREAT EACH AND EVERYTIME.

The best has come, yet isn't perfect
By mfullmer on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had been researching this beauty since about March of this year (2004) and finally decided to "bite the bullet" in July. My Absolutely Red SLE Convertible with NAV and VSC was delivered August 15, 2004. This is, hands down, the best convertible in the $28-33k range.