Used 2005 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

A great looking car!
By Stephen

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car has everything someone who needs space, but wants a sporty look, could want. Assume it is a great car, except for the following: 1.What really bugs me is that the transmission balks on re-acceleration after slowing down to about 6 m.p.h. (say you are slowing for a traffic light and it turns green just before you get there.) It jerks forward when you apply the gas in this situation. There is no way to avoid this without slowing traffic behind you while you gingerly nurse the gas pedal. 2. Forget trying to back out of a driveway with confidence. The beautiful lines that we love to look at from the outside hamper the visibilty from the inside - back and sides.

The bold styling, trunk space (3 sets of clubs easily), gauges (white lit), acceleration, interior finishes, Toyota reliability.

Paint is very thin and scratches easily - very noticeable on black. Not well painted. Would like to see the drivers seat slide forward further and more quickly. Can't load a passenger in that side- not enough space and you'd get soaked in a rain waiting for it to get there.

Great Car!!!
By Rob Powers

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall, an excellent car.First toyotal and we are very pleased.ONE major complaint is that the posterior design creates a huge blind spot for the driver.You better be a driver who uses your mirrors very well otherwise you might have problems.Fuel economy is oustanding,34mgp/highway at 75mph. Blind spot may make us sell car, my wife cant see very well with the blind spots. 4cyl engine gets the car out of its own way very nicely so we decided no need for V6 and save few bucks on gas.

Loaded interior is wonderful. Love the radio controls on the steering wheel, nice leather seats, lots of space.

Fix the major blind spots for the driver and remove the center hump from the back seat so 5 people can sit in this car comfortably.

LOVE my Solara!!!
By solara

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely love my convertible, interior is beautiful, runs smooth, looks great. One thing I don't like is where the clock is, can't see it if it is a sunny day. Another thing it would be nice if the seats raised up with a lever, I have had short people that sit in the front that can barely see out the side window. And I like to lean my elbow on the door while I drive. Other than that ..oh yeah one more thing the antenna, I have had to replace it ..on the 3rd time, be nice if it were in windshield. It is the funnest car to drive, my husband and I look for excuses to drive it on a nice day!!!

convertible, beautiful interior, the look of it

said a few above

Top Down Excellence
By CPisieczko

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Solara for a couple months now, and am happier with it every day. After shopping I was down to the Solara and a Mercedes 320. This was by far the better buy, as it has the quality and styling of any car on the market. The only drawback I have is the poor visibility in the rear when the top is up, but that's true with most convertibles. I've had several Chrysler convertibles, and there is NO Comparison.

SAT radio, sound system, and open air comfort.

The rear vision needs improvement, but I don't think there is much that can be done. Also vibration of rear seatbelts causes noise sometimes when the top is down.

car hesitation and drivability
By Ginette

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great car, very confortable on good roads, while not as great on our poor quality Quebec roads. A/C is fantastic.

A/C climate control, seats, rear space and trunk space, and access.Handling is nimble for such a big car. Brakes and traction control and stability control, works great.

Car hesitation at 20-30 mph while trying to accelerate. Difficulty to leave from a stop position smoothly (drive by wire: hummmmmmm!!!!!)

• SUV