Used 2005 Toyota Camry Solara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Camry Solara

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

LOVE my Solara!!!
By solara

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely love my convertible, interior is beautiful, runs smooth, looks great. One thing I don't like is where the clock is, can't see it if it is a sunny day. Another thing it would be nice if the seats raised up with a lever, I have had short people that sit in the front that can barely see out the side window. And I like to lean my elbow on the door while I drive. Other than that ..oh yeah one more thing the antenna, I have had to replace it ..on the 3rd time, be nice if it were in windshield. It is the funnest car to drive, my husband and I look for excuses to drive it on a nice day!!!

Favorite Features

convertible, beautiful interior, the look of it

Suggested Improvements

said a few above

Top Down Excellence
By CPisieczko

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Solara for a couple months now, and am happier with it every day. After shopping I was down to the Solara and a Mercedes 320. This was by far the better buy, as it has the quality and styling of any car on the market. The only drawback I have is the poor visibility in the rear when the top is up, but that's true with most convertibles. I've had several Chrysler convertibles, and there is NO Comparison.

Favorite Features

SAT radio, sound system, and open air comfort.

Suggested Improvements

The rear vision needs improvement, but I don't think there is much that can be done. Also vibration of rear seatbelts causes noise sometimes when the top is down.

car hesitation and drivability
By Ginette

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great car, very confortable on good roads, while not as great on our poor quality Quebec roads. A/C is fantastic.

Favorite Features

A/C climate control, seats, rear space and trunk space, and access.Handling is nimble for such a big car. Brakes and traction control and stability control, works great.

Suggested Improvements

Car hesitation at 20-30 mph while trying to accelerate. Difficulty to leave from a stop position smoothly (drive by wire: hummmmmmm!!!!!)

Exceeding Expectations
By J. Armstrong

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just a terrific car - reliable, elegant, comfortable, solid, and sexy without a mid-life crisis look.

Favorite Features

The SLE interior has to be the most beautifully designed in its class: leather; JBL sound; sport trim. The handling and the driver's seat adjustability make driving this Solara a true pleasure.

Suggested Improvements

Enlarge the 3 mirrors as much as possible, as well as the rear window.

NASCAR-loving Grandma
By Carol L.

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a 70-year-old widow who wanted an age-appropriate "sports car" which would cause youngsters at stop signs to turn around and stare approvingly at it. Do they ever! Mine is Lunar Mist Metallic and has great pickup, but is NOT a comfortable ride for passengers. It has a fantastic sound system for CDs, and I smile every time I slide into those leather seats and drive off. I also have an older Toyota sedan for long trips and passenger comfort - so my new Solara is (so far) used just for happy, fun, reliable city driving. I can recommend it highly for older singles who love to drive but don't want to spend their money on a Lexus. My new Solara is my favorite gift to myself!

Favorite Features

Black leather interior, moon roof, CD player and stereo system, electric driver's side seat AND radio controls, black and silver interior colors.

Suggested Improvements

Softer ride for passengers!