2005 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
red
By jungle on 04/16/05 21:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Camry Solara Convertible is pure pleasure to drive. I have owned it for just over 4 months. It is very comfortable. It fits me perfectly. It doesn,t take long to put the top up or down. Friends and neighbors are impressed with the appearance and the ride. I am having much fun owning it.

New Owner
By Craig D on 04/16/05 21:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Super fun! You'll get lots of looks and people will stop you and ask what is it. Great engine and great mileage. Back seat has lots of leg room for adults and is very comfortable. The sound system is very impressive too! The only draw back is the dash could be a little higher for a better view for taller drivers and the numbers for the average mileage / range/ instant mileage, the clock, and the outside tempature are a little hard to read during the day. But this is the most fun car I've ever own. I highly recommend this car!

Most Fun-to-Drive Car I've Ever Owned!
By Sharon S on 04/16/05 13:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first convertible that I've owned and I absolutely love it! It's a beautiful car on the outside and very stylish on the inside. The ride is smooth and quieter than I expected for a soft top. The seats are very comfortable and the sound system is nice... basically like sitting in your living room chair, listening to your stereo. Reviewers on other sites complain about the lack of sports car performance on this car, but this not a sports car, its a touring car with extra horses. Lastly, the price is right for those like me, looking for luxury at a reasonable price. It even uses regular 87 octane gas! This car strikes just the right balance between practical and fun.

best convertible on the road
By Joseph Stassi on 04/12/05 20:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the most amazing car i've ever owned. i traded a '03 jaguar x-type for this and actually have much more back seat leg room and plusher interior. i just sold my '95 celica convertible with 130,000 miles on it to my best friend because i needed something bigger; but it's immaculate also and still runs as good as new. i have a black one with gray leather that i put 18" wheels on and blacked out the grill and chrome and custom painted the head and tail lights. i constantly have people admiring it and wondering what it is... i had all of the lettering removed.

Great Topess Fun - Something Different
By MikeS on 04/08/05 14:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned three Chrysler Sebrings in a row, this was my try at "something different". Glad I did. This is one great car! The 3.3L VVTi engine (the same one in the much pricier Lexus ES330 and RX330) is a jewel. Buttery smooth with plenty of power. So far, my only fill-up since I got it averaged 23.5 miles per gallon on regular. Filled it up with mid-grade and the mileage computer says I'm getting 25.5 mpg in combined city and highway (I drive 25 miles each way to work). Another nice feature is that they are rare enough that you don't see yourself coming and going as in a Sebring.

Just what we were waiting for!
By Bryant McCrary on 04/01/05 14:15 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We love everything about our Solara convertible except that the visibility of cars to your right is terrible, even dangerous.

I love my car
By Robbin on 03/28/05 14:25 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new car, it is great. Looks fantastic, lots of storage and very fun to drive. It has a lot of get up and go, I tested that part too, the ride is like driving a cloud, even at higher speeds. Out of all the cars I tested I was in love with this one, the rest I liked. Most convertibles dont have trunk space for much more than the top cover, this one has a large trunk for traveling, and this is the car to do it in. Can you tell I love MY car

solara conv
By dave on 03/27/05 10:59 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Drives and looks sexy like a more exotic sports car. Very smooth and quiet. Specs are very good.

My Toyota
By R. Kaplan on 03/25/05 17:21 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It's a great car in almost every way. Just that the view out of the rear view mirror is awkward. Drives beautifully and handles well. Terrific brakes.

Dream Machine in Red
By Denise on 03/19/05 10:28 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new car. It is so beautiful. Clean lines. Wonderful music system. Very easy to drive and handling and cornering is smooth. It has plenty of pep for my style of Metro driving. Seater heaters are very nice and I use them on cold morning. There is a blind spot on the right side... I have to be careful. The moon roof is perfect but a little noisey with the rubber wind shield, but doesnt blow my hair to pieces.