2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
Beautiful Car
By Joni on 01/21/05 15:18 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is just truly a beautiful car. I have the Artic Frost with the black convertible top. It's a smooth ride; great lines....very comfortable. Looks a lot like the Lexus

I love my Solara
By Marty on 01/05/05 20:48 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It is the best car I have ever had. I have a Mercedes S500 that sits in the garage while I prefer to drive my Solara.

Happy with my Research and Choice
By Mary on 12/11/04 13:16 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I am very happy with my choice of vehicle, and would suggest the car purchase to anyone.

I LOVE THIS FABULOUS CAR!
By 2005 Toyota Solara on 12/11/04 12:04 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Although I also own a 1998 740IL BMW, I find myself driving my Toyota Camry SLE Convertible more than my BMW! It's fun to drive, I especially love the easy to use GPS, and the convertible top is so easy and quick to use. It's surprising solid.....and I'm a European car snob. Before this Toyota, I had only owned BMW's. After owning this car, I plan on sticking with the Japanese cars from now on!

The definition of Refinement
By redneb on 11/26/04 17:22 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Smooth, quiet and comfortable. I have owned this car for 7 months. Previous car was a Chrysler Sebring Conv which I owned and drove for 7 years. Solara is far quieter has good interior space including trunk, nice 5-speed auto trans [although I would prefer a stick.] Confidence inspiring brakes...Toyota reliability. Good size fuel tank and excellent highway MPG of about 30.

Great Value
By wedgeman on 11/16/04 22:33 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I had a Sebring for 5 years, which I traded for this car, and drove a Mustang convertabe a few times, and this blows them away. You would have to spend 15k more to get a comparable car. It is smooth, quite, and has all the features you would expect. The only draw back is the boot. It is very clumbsy and hard to fit. But the car is quiet, has plenty of room for a rag top, and I would expect Toyota reliability. It was hard to find in my area, and the dealer stood firm on the price but at this point it was worth it. A stylish, solid , and quiet convertable for the price. Looking forward to the spring!

Great car and having fun!
By Alamo guy on 11/13/04 18:34 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Just into my 3000 miles and I love the vehicle. Comfortable driving .... good acceleration and fun with the top down on a road trip. Plent of compliments from strangers and most are surprised by the price. Biggest problem is getting my daughters from behind the wheel.

2004 Camry Solara SLE Convertible
By steve7749 on 11/11/04 20:34 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This convertible meets my expectations with the exception of fuel economy far below the EPA estimates.

Mediocre Review
By bsb1 on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Lot of fun to show off and drive with the top down! Have had several quality issues including: paint peeling off the rear!, gear shift module (plastic component broke), alignment issues. All within the first 5000 miles! Cowl shake still noticeable. Stereo system is OK, although not remarkable (it is no Bose). Definately performs like a mid- level family sedan rather than a sports car. Would love to see the same size and styling with a sportier suspension system, and by all means, a manual transmission! Averaging 21mpg in the city and 27mpg on the highway. Sheet metal "feel" is the worst of any car I have owned.

Jeff's review
By fertdawg on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car looks great on the outside as well as the insdie but the performance is sub-par. Pick up is sluggish compared to other v-6's in the market. The transmittion also has its own problems as it tends to rush into third gear, abd the driver gets the feeling of anticipation as the transmittion down shifts. While slowing down at a red light, and it turns green, pressing on the accelerater will make the transmittion jump awkardly. After market parts are hard to get. For example, to get a aftermarket head unit you would have to get a new kit for that section of the dashboard, becuase the current dash board theme is samll.