2005 Toyota Camry Solara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
sport and luxury!
By Lois on 06/06/05 14:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car has the best of both worlds. It's sporty without sacrificing ride and comfort.

wonderful and fun ride
By Susan on 06/04/05 09:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is so outstanding! The interior is plush and functional. The front and back seats are very comfortable. I love the heated seats. After a long day working it feels great on the back. This car gets a lot of attention. People come and ask to see it inside and out. All my friends and family beg to drive it. The engine has great pickup. The mirrors and visibility are great. And the convertible feature is very easy to operate .

Serious Solara
By Edmo on 05/27/05 13:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car! When in traffic around town, its smooth and quiet, but when the need arises.. there is power to spare! It's fun and quick. The JBL stereo works great and the convertable top is a champ! I had the sport ground effects added and he look is awsome! Get one today!

Mid-Life Crisis Killer!
By John Treble on 05/16/05 13:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

We shopped for weeks looking at BMW 3- series, Infiniti G35, Volvo S40, Audi A4, and Mercedes C-class. Even looked at a fully-loaded Maxima...but then stumbled across this little gem. Got the SLE without Navigation system for under $30K. This is the sweetest ride we have ever had. Acceleration is very good and you hit 70 MPH without realizing it (a speeding ticket just waiting to happen...) Seats are very comfortable. Top goes up and down effortlessly. Sound system is robust and easily controlled from steering wheel. Rear seating is suprisingly generous for a convertible. Our dogs LOVE it!

rag topper
By cruzin on 05/12/05 23:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After shopping for a midsize convertible I was down to the Solara totally loaded, or the Saab 9-3 linear. Both were excellent vehicles. However I thought I got a bigger bang for the buck with the Toyota, which had nav, body side molding, auto starter, pin striping and side airbags. The ride is as smooth as a larger convertible. The power is ample esp. with that slap stick which is a lot of fun. The top works nicely but the boot deal is a pain, unlike the Saab, but the mileage, ah that is great. On a recent trip I got 32.7 miles and thatÂ’s regular gas. All in all I like this car and seem to enjoy it more and more each time I drive it.

Comfy, not sporty
By Michael Betcher on 05/11/05 19:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Fast enough, good-handling enough for the occasional spirited flog, but this car makes me want to drive slowly and enjoy the open-air experience rather than rush to get somewhere. The cockpit is very calm with the top down, and even more so if the front windows are up. I believe the cabin is even more quiet than my wife's Maxima when the top is up, perhaps a function of the sound-deadening quality of the fabric top. Definitely a smooth and stylish cruiser, with all the practical amenities of an everyday driver. It makes a routine drive enjoyable, and what more can you ask?

Too Much Fun
By Lue on 05/09/05 20:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed every minute in my Solara. The ease with which the top and windows all go down simultaneously is great! The problem I have are that the back windows cannot be controlled independently. They cannot be opened or closed from the back seat. They are controlled only from the front driver's side and only while opening or closing the front windows simultaneously.

My 2005 Toyota Solara SE Convertible
By Gary Green on 05/09/05 15:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Driving the 2005 Toyota Solara was a new experience for me as I had been driving a 1989 car. The convertible with the 3.3liter V-6 is smooth, quiet and has plenty of power. The interior and exterior are pleasing and modern. The rear seats actually hold two adults comfortably. The red exterior with black leather and trim causes this car to stand out in a crowd. Some of the things that I do not like are: the drivers seat speed; much too slow, the rear view is mostly blocked by the huge rear head rests, and the instruments atop the dash are difficult to see in bright light. The convertible top is simple to lower, and raise.

great decision
By DAN on 05/03/05 00:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a SLE V6. Great decision! Interior fit and finish is fantastic, the engine is barely audible, and the ride is smooth and controlled. Love all the options for the price-V6, leather, heated seats, sunroof. The 2006's are out and I got a great deal on my 2005 model. Several dealers were willing to negotiate, I think they are trying to move the 2005 models off the lots. I compared it with the Honda Accord coupe (nicer inside, classier styling, manumatic instead of auto or 6 speed), the Infiniti G35 (much quieter, nicer inside!), and the Merecedes 230 sedan and coupe (more horses, much quieter, huge price advantage). I highly recommend this vehicle!

Fun to drive
By Solara Convertible on 04/19/05 12:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a pleasure to drive, very smooth and very quiet. When the top is up it doesn't even feel like a convertible. My only complaint is the small back window but you get used to it.