Used 2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Great Car!!!
By Rob Powers

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall, an excellent car.First toyotal and we are very pleased.ONE major complaint is that the posterior design creates a huge blind spot for the driver.You better be a driver who uses your mirrors very well otherwise you might have problems.Fuel economy is oustanding,34mgp/highway at 75mph. Blind spot may make us sell car, my wife cant see very well with the blind spots. 4cyl engine gets the car out of its own way very nicely so we decided no need for V6 and save few bucks on gas.

Favorite Features

Loaded interior is wonderful. Love the radio controls on the steering wheel, nice leather seats, lots of space.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the major blind spots for the driver and remove the center hump from the back seat so 5 people can sit in this car comfortably.

car hesitation and drivability
By Ginette

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Great car, very confortable on good roads, while not as great on our poor quality Quebec roads. A/C is fantastic.

Favorite Features

A/C climate control, seats, rear space and trunk space, and access.Handling is nimble for such a big car. Brakes and traction control and stability control, works great.

Suggested Improvements

Car hesitation at 20-30 mph while trying to accelerate. Difficulty to leave from a stop position smoothly (drive by wire: hummmmmmm!!!!!)

Exceeding Expectations
By J. Armstrong

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SLE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Just a terrific car - reliable, elegant, comfortable, solid, and sexy without a mid-life crisis look.

Favorite Features

The SLE interior has to be the most beautifully designed in its class: leather; JBL sound; sport trim. The handling and the driver's seat adjustability make driving this Solara a true pleasure.

Suggested Improvements

Enlarge the 3 mirrors as much as possible, as well as the rear window.

NASCAR-loving Grandma
By Carol L.

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE Sport V6 2dr Coupe (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a 70-year-old widow who wanted an age-appropriate "sports car" which would cause youngsters at stop signs to turn around and stare approvingly at it. Do they ever! Mine is Lunar Mist Metallic and has great pickup, but is NOT a comfortable ride for passengers. It has a fantastic sound system for CDs, and I smile every time I slide into those leather seats and drive off. I also have an older Toyota sedan for long trips and passenger comfort - so my new Solara is (so far) used just for happy, fun, reliable city driving. I can recommend it highly for older singles who love to drive but don't want to spend their money on a Lexus. My new Solara is my favorite gift to myself!

Favorite Features

Black leather interior, moon roof, CD player and stereo system, electric driver's side seat AND radio controls, black and silver interior colors.

Suggested Improvements

Softer ride for passengers!

best bang for my buck
By steven messina

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

well were to start what a value! i love my solora i have the 3.3 liter convertible with navigation. The solora is my daily driver, the gas mileage is awesome. I'll pop the top on the way to work in the morning, or late at night. I have owned toyotas before and the quality dependablity and reliablity is what keeps me coming back. my fiance and I are planning to buy the 06 hybrid highlander..we test drove it the day i bought the convertible and boy did that drive just like a v8!...the gas mileage is better then most cars..n e ways if you dont think that toyota is right for you then try owning one.

Favorite Features

Side air bags

Suggested Improvements

heated seats