2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:
rag topper
By cruzin on 05/12/05 23:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

After shopping for a midsize convertible I was down to the Solara totally loaded, or the Saab 9-3 linear. Both were excellent vehicles. However I thought I got a bigger bang for the buck with the Toyota, which had nav, body side molding, auto starter, pin striping and side airbags. The ride is as smooth as a larger convertible. The power is ample esp. with that slap stick which is a lot of fun. The top works nicely but the boot deal is a pain, unlike the Saab, but the mileage, ah that is great. On a recent trip I got 32.7 miles and thatís regular gas. All in all I like this car and seem to enjoy it more and more each time I drive it.

Comfy, not sporty
By Michael Betcher on 05/11/05 19:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Fast enough, good-handling enough for the occasional spirited flog, but this car makes me want to drive slowly and enjoy the open-air experience rather than rush to get somewhere. The cockpit is very calm with the top down, and even more so if the front windows are up. I believe the cabin is even more quiet than my wife's Maxima when the top is up, perhaps a function of the sound-deadening quality of the fabric top. Definitely a smooth and stylish cruiser, with all the practical amenities of an everyday driver. It makes a routine drive enjoyable, and what more can you ask?

Too Much Fun
By Lue on 05/09/05 20:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed every minute in my Solara. The ease with which the top and windows all go down simultaneously is great! The problem I have are that the back windows cannot be controlled independently. They cannot be opened or closed from the back seat. They are controlled only from the front driver's side and only while opening or closing the front windows simultaneously.

My 2005 Toyota Solara SE Convertible
By Gary Green on 05/09/05 15:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Driving the 2005 Toyota Solara was a new experience for me as I had been driving a 1989 car. The convertible with the 3.3liter V-6 is smooth, quiet and has plenty of power. The interior and exterior are pleasing and modern. The rear seats actually hold two adults comfortably. The red exterior with black leather and trim causes this car to stand out in a crowd. Some of the things that I do not like are: the drivers seat speed; much too slow, the rear view is mostly blocked by the huge rear head rests, and the instruments atop the dash are difficult to see in bright light. The convertible top is simple to lower, and raise.

Fun to drive
By Solara Convertible on 04/19/05 12:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a pleasure to drive, very smooth and very quiet. When the top is up it doesn't even feel like a convertible. My only complaint is the small back window but you get used to it.

red
By jungle on 04/16/05 21:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The Camry Solara Convertible is pure pleasure to drive. I have owned it for just over 4 months. It is very comfortable. It fits me perfectly. It doesn,t take long to put the top up or down. Friends and neighbors are impressed with the appearance and the ride. I am having much fun owning it.

New Owner
By Craig D on 04/16/05 21:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Super fun! You'll get lots of looks and people will stop you and ask what is it. Great engine and great mileage. Back seat has lots of leg room for adults and is very comfortable. The sound system is very impressive too! The only draw back is the dash could be a little higher for a better view for taller drivers and the numbers for the average mileage / range/ instant mileage, the clock, and the outside tempature are a little hard to read during the day. But this is the most fun car I've ever own. I highly recommend this car!

Most Fun-to-Drive Car I've Ever Owned!
By Sharon S on 04/16/05 13:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first convertible that I've owned and I absolutely love it! It's a beautiful car on the outside and very stylish on the inside. The ride is smooth and quieter than I expected for a soft top. The seats are very comfortable and the sound system is nice... basically like sitting in your living room chair, listening to your stereo. Reviewers on other sites complain about the lack of sports car performance on this car, but this not a sports car, its a touring car with extra horses. Lastly, the price is right for those like me, looking for luxury at a reasonable price. It even uses regular 87 octane gas! This car strikes just the right balance between practical and fun.

best convertible on the road
By Joseph Stassi on 04/12/05 20:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

This is the most amazing car i've ever owned. i traded a '03 jaguar x-type for this and actually have much more back seat leg room and plusher interior. i just sold my '95 celica convertible with 130,000 miles on it to my best friend because i needed something bigger; but it's immaculate also and still runs as good as new. i have a black one with gray leather that i put 18" wheels on and blacked out the grill and chrome and custom painted the head and tail lights. i constantly have people admiring it and wondering what it is... i had all of the lettering removed.

Great Topess Fun - Something Different
By MikeS on 04/08/05 14:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned three Chrysler Sebrings in a row, this was my try at "something different". Glad I did. This is one great car! The 3.3L VVTi engine (the same one in the much pricier Lexus ES330 and RX330) is a jewel. Buttery smooth with plenty of power. So far, my only fill-up since I got it averaged 23.5 miles per gallon on regular. Filled it up with mid-grade and the mileage computer says I'm getting 25.5 mpg in combined city and highway (I drive 25 miles each way to work). Another nice feature is that they are rare enough that you don't see yourself coming and going as in a Sebring.