Used 2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Solara model:

Glad I did!
By Casey Nalezny

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

I dreamed of owning a convertible, but never thought it practical until now. Comfortable leather, awesome features, enough ROOM for all (even my hubby at 6'4"), a back seat that is REALLY a back seat, and easy to use automatic controls for just about everything. The ride is smooth, almost feels like I am in a video game at times. I am most impressed with how quiet it is with the top up, I don't even realize it is a convertible, unless of course the top is down HA HA! GREAT JOB TOYOTA!

Favorite Features

Easy to use automatic top, steering wheel controls for 6cd changer/radio. Heated seat.

Suggested Improvements

Only one concern: several different test drives with different Solaras, and now with mine, the car slips a little occasionally when excellerating from dead stop, doesn't continue after about 2nd gear. Suggestion: drivers seat set point for driver to automatically revert after others drive

Love my new Solara
By Lisa

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

What an awesome car. Fun to drive, especially with the top down. Smooth ride. All the bells a whistles of a more expensive car with an affordable price. The only complaint is a major blind spot when the top is up.

Favorite Features

Love the convertible top. Easy to use. Great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Toyota needs to work on the blind spot and either lower the back headrests or enlarge the back window.

Solara Conv Poor Quality
By Dr. Joseph Lanfresch

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

The car looks great but with the top up and the fixed rear headrests its impossible to see out the rear window. The fit and finish of the body has panel and paint flaws where the plastic meets the metal,which the dealer refused to repair. The Conv top stitching was coming apart by the rear window, again no dealer help. The seat belts do not retract and the rear belts flap in the wind with the top down. The car has no side guard protection so you accumulate parking dings on the doors. The front slope of the car does not allow you to see the distance to the car in front when parking or entering a garage. The cover for the Conv top requires two people to install. Very disappointed

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Copy the BMW 3 series Conv

Hot Fun in the Summertime
By Daddy cool

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

An outstanding overall vehicle. Superb ride, comfort and performance. Luxurious yet sporty. Room for 4 adults, luggage and golf bags. Convertible top operates flawlessly and is quiet when up. Put it down and it's hot fun in the summertime.

Favorite Features

Great looking vehicle that draws tremendous attention and comments.

Suggested Improvements

Add DUAL climate control

LOVE my Solara!!!
By solara

2005 Toyota Camry Solara Convertible SLE V6 2dr Convertible (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Absolutely love my convertible, interior is beautiful, runs smooth, looks great. One thing I don't like is where the clock is, can't see it if it is a sunny day. Another thing it would be nice if the seats raised up with a lever, I have had short people that sit in the front that can barely see out the side window. And I like to lean my elbow on the door while I drive. Other than that ..oh yeah one more thing the antenna, I have had to replace it ..on the 3rd time, be nice if it were in windshield. It is the funnest car to drive, my husband and I look for excuses to drive it on a nice day!!!

Favorite Features

convertible, beautiful interior, the look of it

Suggested Improvements

said a few above